advertisement

PSA - Britain's broken economy - Monday 1st July 9.00pm Channel 4

We know that the productivity gap between Britain and its competitors is nothing to do with employees “sitting on their arses” but a failure to invest in technology and instead relying on low paid unskilled workers and outdated process
Along with short sighted assert stripping see Thames Water.

I'm a toolmakers son too. I didn't do an apprenticeship. Father gave his tools to another. It still hurts me a bit.
I have two tool boxes filled up with really good tools and no one wants them. I can't decide whether it's a good or bad thing.

It's all very well saying we need more manufacturing industries but the people who say it have never had to work in a factory. It's just like moaning about the demise of the mining industry, who the hell wants to send young men down a mine for goodness sake, it's just plain inhumane.

I have two tool boxes filled up with really good tools and no one wants them. I can't decide whether it's a good or bad thing.

It's all very well saying we need more manufacturing industries but the people who say it have never had to work in a factory. It's just like moaning about the demise of the mining industry, who the hell wants to send young men down a mine for goodness sake, it's just plain inhumane.
Well you would have no trouble getting rid of them down my local in the Eden Valley, a stonemason, Carpenter, several general builders and a couple of old motorbike fans are regulars. All of them proud of doing things right.
You seem bitter and out of touch.

You're forgetting that the 'moaning about the demise of the mining industry' wasn't about the demise of the industry, but about the total lack of effort to support the communities it affected so badly.

Plus, of course, it's not like working down the mine no longer happens. It just happens to somebody else, in another country.

You're forgetting that the 'moaning about the demise of the mining industry' wasn't about the demise of the industry, but about the total lack of effort to support the communities it affected so badly.

Plus, of course, it's not like working down the mine no longer happens. It just happens to somebody else, in another country.
You learn so much from this forum. I hate the way the right-wing media twist words to protect the politicians.

advertisement

Back