advertisement

PS audio

From memory I think their amps and DACs measure well. The issue here is some of the people on this thread feel that he uses pseudo-science to explain why his products have a positive effect on SQ. But those same people will tell you that the improvements you might here on your power cable are imagined. So I take their criticisms with a large pinch of salt.

Which they 100% are! The very idea that mains cables could effect sound is as "out there" as believing the royal family are actually lizards!

I don't understand your reasoning. The videos enhance the value of the product for enthusiasts of the brand. The videos put off people that have no interest in the brand. Why is this bad? Or are you saying that some people that are potential customers of "very high margin" home audio products are going to gain a negative impression from the videos?

I OWN EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF PS AUDIO PRODUCTS. AFTER WATCHING THOSE IDIOT VIDEO'S I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PS AUDIO PRODUCT. So much for your 'the video's put off people that have no interest in the brand'. I OWN THEIR STUFF AND I AM 'PUT OFF'.

I OWN EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF PS AUDIO PRODUCTS. AFTER WATCHING THOSE IDIOT VIDEO'S I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PS AUDIO PRODUCT. So much for your 'the video's put off people that have no interest in the brand'. I OWN THEIR STUFF AND I AM 'PUT OFF'.

Ok calm down there chief.

Thanks for that. Dare I ask what attracted you to the PS Audio products you purchased?

Which they 100% are! The very idea that mains cables could effect sound is as "out there" as believing the royal family are actually lizards!
Incidentally Paul McGowan claims iirc to have “discovered” the importance of audiophile power cables and invented the aftermarket power cable.

Thanks for that. Dare I ask what attracted you to the PS Audio products you purchased?

Over the years I've owned at least one of their dac's, currently have one of their power re-generators and the BHK Signature preamp. That preamp is an amazing piece of gear. Sounds great, well engineered, has every feature your could want and builtlike a tank. I love the 'tube clock' that shows you how many hours you've put on your tubes.

II stumbled across this video in during my daily YouTube lockdown perusal. Somewhat surprised to find Paul pouring cold water on the benefit of shorting unused inputs, given that he's usually the first to big-up "audiophile practises"...

I have a pair of the M700 monoblocks. While they sound pretty good, I think I'm going to return them - the Belles 350A Ref seems to play music better. The M700s are airy, deep bass, etc., but seem a bit . . . sloppy when it comes to timing and organization. Almost the opposite of my Exposure 28.

I do like how the M700s are cool running, efficient, and compact - I will leave others to debate the wisdom of a direct sales model, or the technical claims made.

Good to hear your impressions bob, they seem to have a lot of fans . Remind me what pre amp you are using with the ps audio

Good to hear your impressions bob, they seem to have a lot of fans . Remind me what pre amp you are using with the ps audio

I'll write up my impressions more fully later - I've been using either a conrad-johnson PF2-L or my regular Exposure 3010S2 for preamp. Speakers are MA Gold GX300, source is a Exposure 3010S2 CD into a Naim nDAC. Waiting on a TeddyXPS.

very nice bob , thanks , look forward to you thoughts on the m700 . many years ago i upgraded my bel canto ref 1000 to the belles mb200 monoblocks which were more textured and were quite a bit better [ generation 1]

http://www.nunudistribution.co.uk/products_belles_mb200genii.php

all these years later after class AB and class A amps and many others including hybrid valves i am back to class D and as you can tell the m700 are on the list . however i put the bel canto ref 500s in with the tannoys 2 days ago and its pretty good really , very realistic, lovely snap and attack and really is great . i do find the class D great with 95% of music but just with violins it is not quite so good as some [ using a BC pre 3 vbs which is fairly organic SS pre ] . tremendous with electronica, jazz and many other genres

advertisement

Back