advertisement

Product Recommended Thread

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
pink fish endorsements, what you got?

I bought one of these GRIP6 mens web belts last week and although it is on the pricey side, it's actually a really good product. There are no rough or sharp edges on the buckle whatsoever while the end of the belt that gets fed through the belt loops is tapered to make it easy for sliding through. The end is also melted neatly and thoroughly in keeping with the overall high quality of the product.

In the old days when the exchange rate was more favourable for UK buyers importing from the US it probably would have been a £20 product instead of £30 as it currently is. I bought mine for £25 as a Lightning Deal and although it's clearly overpriced for what it is, it is a high-quality product nonetheless. Recommend!

shopping

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Another product I reckon that fits the 'buy right, buy once' bill is the Meaco 1056 desktop fan. It's genuinely miles quieter on the setting most comparable with the lowest speed on my old 12" fan. I only bought it today so it's obviously too soon to say whether it'll last as long as think it will - hopefully, at least a decade if not two - but certainly on the issue of noise, it's fantastically quiet and perfectly suitable for keeping you cool when you're listening to music. Fwiw, the thing can really shift some amount of air when you turn up the fan speed. It gets noiser as well, but if you need a fan to shift a lot of air, then the Meaco 1056 will comfortably do that.

It's currently on sale at £74.25 instore and online here @ Homebase and also here @ John Lewis.

I don’t drink hot chocolate very often but when I do or make for someone else I want a good one and this is my favourite https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0044Y2CPE/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I make it the same as a latte, make a paste with small amount of heated milk in the cup like an espresso shot then add steamed milk and a bit of latte art for guests.

I don’t know of a better tasting chocolate and bought as 1kg it’s better value than the cheaper 300g tin.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Admittedly I have not tried your San Cristobal hot choc but the best I've encountered is the main brand commonly available in Spain, " Cola Cao ", makes others taste thin and sickly by comparison.

Horrendous price in this link, in Spain it's extremely cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004449DHY/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I've also just ordered a stupidly cheap watch off Lazada ( the Amazon of the East).
I had a coupon that needed using up and this watch popped up with high ratings so why not?
If it turns out to be ok I'll report back.

be quiet! Computer gear and accessories. My new pc has a be quiet! case and six of their fans inside, yet sitting on the edge of my desk it’s almost inaudible. When the gpu is doing heavy work I can hear the three fans on that whirring away but otherwise it’s eerily quiet.

Yamaha CS40 3/4 size guitar is very good if you are looking for that sort of thing.
Yamaha usually synonymous with quality in my experience.

A bit clichéd, but the M1 series of Apple laptops and desktops are absolute bargains relative to the power and their capability. I replaced a fancy pants iMac Pro with an M1 Mini and there has been absolutely nothing that the M1 hasn't handled at least as well as the iMac Pro. And I'm awaiting an M1 Air so that my wife has a powerful, compact and quiet laptop that will do likewise. Really great devices.

Other than those, I'm really impressed with a little Bahco 1/4" socket set, which is really solid and nice to use for the money.

A bit clichéd, but the M1 series of Apple laptops and desktops are absolute bargains relative to the power and their capability. I replaced a fancy pants iMac Pro with an M1 Mini and there has been absolutely nothing that the M1 hasn't handled at least as well as the iMac Pro. And I'm awaiting an M1 Air so that my wife has a powerful, compact and quiet laptop that will do likewise. Really great devices.

Other than those, I'm really impressed with a little Bahco 1/4" socket set, which is really solid and nice to use for the money.

There's been a few brand new & sealed MBA's sold on AV forums recently all around £750 but you can buy them from Curry's with trade in (any laptop) and £150 off too plus Amazon market place sell them refurbished for about £650.

There's been a few brand new & sealed MBA's sold on AV forums recently all around £750 but you can buy them from Curry's with trade in (any laptop) and £150 off too plus Amazon market place sell them refurbished for about £650.
Exactly what we've just done. Plus, they'll price match (though their price before the £150 discount is already pretty decent). It just feels a bit wrong to be buying an Apple device from Curry's....

Exactly what we've just done. Plus, they'll price match (though their price before the £150 discount is already pretty decent). It just feels a bit wrong to be buying an Apple device from Curry's....

I had a look at Curry's last week after someone 'spoiled' a guy's MBA for sale thread on AV forums so right now I can trade in my 2015 MBP for £330 plus £150 off but I'm going to hang off until next Month (October) when the new MBP 14" is released apparently, currently Apple will trade my MBP in for £380 so that will likely pay for additional ram although Apple say that you don't need any more than 8gig.

I'm actually swithering on wether to buy a 14" MBP or a 13" MBA, what's the difference between the form factors, any idea?

No idea, but the consensus is that the MBA is more than enough laptop for almost anyone. I'm writing this on a 16/1TB M1 Mini and it's stonkingly capable. I don't need that kind of power really, and I do a lot of FCP-X work. It is astonishingly capable for video editing. Since this is for my wife, who will do mainly web, email, occasional photo editing and the like, the M1 Air will be way more laptop than she really needs.... we traded in a gen 1 iPad - they offered a fiver (plus the £150) :D - just as well, it's toast anyway!

No idea, but the consensus is that the MBA is more than enough laptop for almost anyone. I'm writing this on a 16/1TB M1 Mini and it's stonkingly capable. I don't need that kind of power really, and I do a lot of FCP-X work. It is astonishingly capable for video editing. Since this is for my wife, who will do mainly web, email, occasional photo editing and the like, the M1 Air will be way more laptop than she really needs.... we traded in a gen 1 iPad - they offered a fiver (plus the £150) :D - just as well, it's toast anyway!

Thanks, yes I don't do much more than your wife on my MBP so I may well go down the MBA road but it will be a business expense so the MBP 14" might be better in that sense ie it's about 30% cheaper once you factor in Tax and NI relief and the Apple trade in of £380.

I bought a 13" HP laptop second hand about two years ago, I paid £740 for it, the seller had bought it brand new four months previously for £1200 or something so I checked it out on Curry's for a trade in against a 13" MBA and they priced it at £80:(

My wife has an old iPhone 4s so I tried that too and the trade in was a fiver:D

Bahco gear is great. I have the 1/2" version , you'll not break it.

advertisement

Back