advertisement

Product Recommended Thread

I've also just ordered a stupidly cheap watch off Lazada ( the Amazon of the East).
I had a coupon that needed using up and this watch popped up with high ratings so why not?
If it turns out to be ok I'll report back.

This is it...

3KE1uwc.jpg

A bit clichéd, but the M1 series of Apple laptops and desktops are absolute bargains relative to the power and their capability. I replaced a fancy pants iMac Pro with an M1 Mini and there has been absolutely nothing that the M1 hasn't handled at least as well as the iMac Pro. And I'm awaiting an M1 Air so that my wife has a powerful, compact and quiet laptop that will do likewise. Really great devices.

Other than those, I'm really impressed with a little Bahco 1/4" socket set, which is really solid and nice to use for the money.
I’m also very pleased with my Mac mini M1, it outperforms my fancy few years old top of the line iMac. Not sure I’ll buy another iMac, a Mac mini and screen might be more versatile, but am a few years away from needing to decide.

Also get a lot of value from a Sonos Roam. Alexa controlled, Roon endpoint, great for radio and podcasts and catch up and using outside and around the house.

Not a product recommendation this time but a company I feel deserves a massive “thank you!”

Our Bosch dishwasher failed to complete a cycle at the weekend, with two warning lights for filter and water supply lit up and a load of water left in the bottom of the machine. I cleaned the filter and removed all the covers inside to get to the impeller, and removed a bit of crud from in there too. Put it all back together and it still wouldn’t pump out the water and run a cycle. I put some dishwasher cleaner and hot water in and left it overnight but still no joy the next morning.

I called the supplier (AO) to find it was just out of warranty, and they could only help suggest an engineer call with call out charge etc. Bosch U.K. said the same, but were even more expensive.

So, I looked for local appliance repair people and found East Coast Appliances highly rated on Trusted Traders. I emailed them and had a call back after a couple of hours. The chap talked me through several steps and possible fixes which eventually worked and it’s now running again perfectly. All for no cost . At the end of the call he said he was pleased to be able to help and was glad that he had saved me a call out and repair. If this or anything else goes wrong again I know who I’ll be ringing!

advertisement

Back