advertisement

Princess of Wales - Cancer diagnosis

Yes, sorry about that. No idea how I did it, I thought I was just hard-deleting some soft-deleted posts (I’m an old-school tech guy, so I save database space instinctively wherever I can!), but I must have inadvertently hit the opening post as well.

This is a shame, but I am still left with why doesn’t the royal family just be up front an honest? It’s just so stupid the shit she has gone through recently for secrecy that will never stick.

Crap, that’s no good. Cancer treatment sucks nearly as much as the disease does. It seems she has a good prognosis & I wish her a speedy recovery.

This is a shame, but I am still left with why doesn’t the royal family just be up front an honest? It’s just so stupid the shit she has gone through recently for secrecy that will never stick.
It was explained that the ‘secrecy’ was to protect their children. As someone who has had colon cancer (if indeed that what it is) I can fully understand that it is our children who take it very hard and need protecting wherever possible.

Her video announcing it was a hard watch. I can’t imagine how that must have felt to make. Her sadness and humility, amazing.

I hope she makes a full recovery, not an easy road though; my Mum went through it 3 years ago and it’s not a nice treatment regime.

Firstly, I am with everyone who has the utmost sympathy for anyone suffering from cancer and their family and friends.

But I agree with garyi - the Royals court publicity when it suits them but pull down the shutters when they think it suits them. Surely, if they have any regard for their "loyal subjects", they should be more honest at an early opportunity. That would have closed off many weeks of nut-job conspiracy theories and "what are they hiding and why" speculation.

The other thing to mention is that major abdominal surgery is no walk in the park. I was under the knife for 7 hours and came out with 53 staples running vertically from ribs downwards. In a sense I was lucky in being joined up with no bag but even that gives its own issues of being nil by mouth for a few days whilst it heals enough to start eating food. And they call it major surgery for a reason and post operation there are deep drains left in the body for any fluid in there. Having the drains taken out is an eye watering experience to say the least.

Whatever the actual surgery she has had and whatever the type of cancer which may or may not be similar to mine, I have every sympathy for her and her family as she recovers and completes the chemo treatment.

We live in a society where the norm is to expect to know everything about everyone, regardless. Right to privacy in such a role is hard, but several quarters lynched them for exercising this.

I wish her well, especially for the support and mental health of their children. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 17. Horrible.

Just hope the gutter press now leave her alone
Yes indeed. Still, she's fortunate that she's the press favourite. Can you imagine if it were Meghan?
Like others, I've no time for the institution but every sympathy for a woman with children and a life threatening disease at such a young age. She's not yet 40, is she?

As for "why can't they just tell us exactly what's going on?" I find that a crass remark. Her family has a right to find out what's going on at the appropriate time, when she sees fit and in an age appropriate fashion rather than reading about it in the gutter press.

advertisement

Back