advertisement

Prefab Sprout vinyl reissues announced

GaryT

pfm Member
Saw a few posts over the weekend highlighting the new PS vinyl reissues due in August. Glad to see 'Jordan' will be a double album as the original sounds a bit thin due to the amount of music crammed onto a single disc. Apparently these have been remastered, although details are not available at present. According to one site there will also be CD versions with 'extras'.
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...campaign-confirmed-by-vinyl-reissue-listings/

Omg 30 years ago...

Saw one of shows that year. Really good as far as I can remember.

Saw them in Glasgow & Belfast on the Jordan tour. Two of the best gigs I've ever attended. I'm really looking forward to the 2LP Jordan in particular.

Omg 30 years ago...

Saw one of shows that year. Really good as far as I can remember.

I still think of Jordan as their "recent" album:oops::rolleyes:

This could be the first new vinyl purchase in probably 35 years for me as my much loved copy of Swoon "went missing" several years back...
A most strange and unpleasant story that would warrant the attention of a Sherlock Holmes and that still hurts and annoys to this day, but about 4-5 of my most played and most loved vinyl albums simply disappeared over a couple of years... and the only possible explanation is that a visitor to my home, someone I consider a close friend of many years, stole them.... :( I lost a friend of about 35 years when I put it to him that the last time Swoon and Ziggy Stardust were played was when he was here and it was 2 days later I noticed they'd gone missing, that no one else had been here in those 2 days and did he have any reasonable explanation.... but on further thought a couple of other albums disappeared when this mate wasn't there... It's really weird!!! It's not like an object of 12" X 12" is all that easy to conceal! I've even considered I'm being "gaslighted" by someone with a key to my place who knows me well enough to know how I value my music and that those are some of my very favourite albums of all time... and creepy enough to take or disturb nothing other than 1 or 2 of my most loved albums on each occasion.... yeah they're coming to take me away ha ha... but it's a well weird one!!

Last edited:
Strange music related goings on

A mate of mine, who I don’t see often , has just got married. She’s not my type ..gushing and controlling . Either way I see my mate even less than I used to. Amongst many other things he’s a musician. In the 90s he was in a band championed by Chris Evans and had a level of success. So fast forward to last week, I’m in the gym standing on a dreadmill fishing around in my bag for earphones or something. The bags contents get changed frequently as as well as a gym bag I also use it when I’m out and about. Anyway at the bottom of said bag is a guitar pic with the name of my mates band on it. I had never seen it before .

I still think of Jordan as their "recent" album:oops::rolleyes:

This could be the first vinyl purchase in probably 35 years for me as my much loved copy of Swoon "went missing" several years back...
A most strange and unpleasant story that would warrant the attention of a Sherlock Holmes and that still hurts and annoys to this day, but about 4-5 of my most played and most loved vinyl albums simply disappeared over a couple of years... and the only possible explanation is that a visitor to my home, someone I consider a close friend of many years, stole them.... :( I lost a friend of about 35 years when I put it to him that the last time Swoon and Ziggy Stardust were played was when he was here and it was 2 days later I noticed they'd gone missing, that no one else had been here in those 2 days and did he have any reasonable explanation.... but on further thought a couple of other albums disappeared when this mate wasn't there... It's really weird!!! It's not like an object of 12" X 12" is all that easy to conceal! I've even considered I'm being "gaslighted" by someone with a key to my place who knows me well enough to know how I value my music and that those are some of my very favourite albums of all time... and creepy enough to take or disturb nothing other than 1 or 2 of my most loved albums on each occasion.... yeah they're coming to take me away ha ha... but it's a well weird one!!

Yes , same here.

The trash can Sinatras too. I remember being surprised how young they were. I was ancient at 25. Probably left School by now

They played the Highbury Garage in London a couple of years ago and were excellent.

Prior to the show one of the band was wandering around in the room and spoke to a guy standing by the stage who I thought looked a bit familiar. A few minutes later I'm outside having a fag, the same guy stands next to me and in a Scottish accent asks me for a light.

'You here to see the Trashcans mate?'

'Yeah', I say, 'came down from Birmingham. They don't play that often so had to come. You here to see them too?'

'Nah', he smiles. 'I play keyboards'.

Had only watched them on telly doing a short live set on The Quay sessions a few days before.

They played the Highbury Garage in London a couple of years ago and were excellent.

Prior to the show one of the band was wandering around in the room and spoke to a guy standing by the stage who I thought looked a bit familiar. A few minutes later I'm outside having a fag, the same guy stands next to me and in a Scottish accent asks me for a light.

'You here to see the Trashcans mate?'

'Yeah', I say, 'came down from Birmingham. They don't play that often so had to come. You here to see them too?'

'Nah', he smiles. 'I play keyboards'.

Had only watched them on telly doing a short live set on The Quay sessions a few days before.

We keyboard players get that a lot.

Stephen

Strange music related goings on

A mate of mine, who I don’t see often , has just got married. She’s not my type ..gushing and controlling . Either way I see my mate even less than I used to. Amongst many other things he’s a musician. In the 90s he was in a band championed by Chris Evans and had a level of success. So fast forward to last week, I’m in the gym standing on a dreadmill fishing around in my bag for earphones or something. The bags contents get changed frequently as as well as a gym bag I also use it when I’m out and about. Anyway at the bottom of said bag is a guitar pic with the name of my mates band on it. I had never seen it before .

Could he be at the Gym too and recognised you? Dropped it in there to freak you out??

Genuine question (hope it’s not thread crapping): is the new release expected to be better than the original. I ask because I see an NM 1st press of Sprout on discogs for £10.00. Which should I get?

Genuine question (hope it’s not thread crapping): is the new release expected to be better than the original. I ask because I see an NM 1st press of Sprout on discogs for £10.00. Which should I get?

Which album do you mean? On the face of it, of the new batch just announced, the 2LP version of Jordan is the most attractive. This is because the standard version (apart from South Africa) was a single disc, 1 hour long, which compromised the sound quality. For the rest of the albums announced, it's not clear who has remastered these, so it may be prudent to hold off on ordering for now.

Which album do you mean? On the face of it, of the new batch just announced, the 2LP version of Jordan is the most attractive. This is because the standard version (apart from South Africa) was a single disc, 1 hour long, which compromised the sound quality. For the rest of the albums announced, it's not clear who has remastered these, so it may be prudent to hold off on ordering for now.
It was Sprout I was looking at

advertisement

Back