advertisement

Prefab Sprout vinyl reissues announced

I fear that with little doubt the reissue will have been through a digital mixing desk etc and recall something about modern vinyl cutting lathes working on a digital file of the music so it could be digitally delayed for the auto groove spacing of the machine... which then kinda makes me think "whats the point?" I've got Swoon on CD already...

I fear that with little doubt the reissue will have been through a digital mixing desk etc and recall something about modern vinyl cutting lathes working on a digital file of the music so it could be digitally delayed for the auto groove spacing of the machine... which then kinda makes me think "whats the point?" I've got Swoon on CD already...

Its flooded with (probably 8-bit) digital reverb anyway! First issue CD sounds great to me to be honest.

I think most of the Sony Music on Vinyl catalogue is cut from 24/96 hi-rez files. Not that that can't sound good. As long as they don't loudness wars it and leaves the DR alone. The MoV pressing quality is usually very good. The cover print quality often not so much. If they are not too hard to come by in good condition I would probably go for the originals apart from that 2LP re-issue that was 1LP originally.

advertisement

Back