advertisement

Power outage

Jack Barriere

Me, you and them
Yesterday at 1am mother hydro had a break at keeping my Naim from its juices till 7 am. WOW slow and lifeless as I type. The longest period of time since purchase this has happened. How long dose it take for an Italic to come back on tune? It took 6 months to sound great from new.

It never sounds as good once it has been switched off, you may as well sell it.

The correct answer is about five minutes.

thats cos you are slow , its nothing to do with the hifi. Your brain wants you to hibernate and you are denying its rights.

I am sure it is just the same and you are just convincing yourself it is different due to the fact you have kept the system on, and being as they are your pride and joy the worry has set in and really nothing has changed!

Me to dealer .."I didnt want to hear the NAP300 , I wanted to hear the NAP500" ...Dealer "come back in 14 hours sir":D

Im sure most Naimians out there will beg to differ.

Interesting. Is this just a naim thing that if you lose power to the system it can take hours to regain? If so why is this and whats different about the electronic components in naim kit compared to other electronics? I have had no electronics behave in this manner. Pardon if this comes across as trolling or looking to criticise naim owners like yourself, I don't mean to, but I am trying to understand why this phenomena happens.

Yes Jack, I do agree that electronics need to warm up and an improvement will occur over a time period. I guess my confusion or amazement was in the amount of time that would happen.

Thank god Naim don't make television sets...

Phil Lynott was a hero to many Dubliners, and is sadly missed. On the original subject, though, I have a real problem in leaving equipment switched on all the time. I'm far from "green," but it just goes against all my instincts.

There's nothing in a class A/B amp that isn't at temp after a few minutes of running, even the heatsinks equalise within minutes of switch on.

advertisement

Back