advertisement

Power outage

Interesting. Is this just a naim thing that if you lose power to the system it can take hours to regain? If so why is this and whats different about the electronic components in naim kit compared to other electronics? I have had no electronics behave in this manner. Pardon if this comes across as trolling or looking to criticise naim owners like yourself, I don't mean to, but I am trying to understand why this phenomena happens.

It's not just a Naim thing from personal experience with the hobby over the years. Folks have reported "warm up" changing the sound over a period of days or weeks since the early seventies that I'm aware of.

I recall hearing slight differences since the mid seventies with a Hafler preamp that degraded in performance the longer it was left on. After three days or so it would strip the enamel off your teeth. I used to shut the damn thing off every night because of the problem. On the other hand, my Audionics CC2 poweramps (early David Berning design IIRC) and Rappaport preamp bought a few years later improved noticeably after warming up for 48 hours.

advertisement

Back