advertisement

Pot Black

When he had that first arguement with the ref when he couldnt see the red and had it replaced and astoundingly could hit it i have gone right off ronald. He cheated in my opinion.

Cough cough cough cough cough , what is with all the constant coughing , spoiling it for me listening to that all the time , Send them out !!!!!! :mad:

Hack, hack, hack. Sorry wot woz that? ;)
They ought to do that with the mobile phone brigade TBH.
Great win for ROS in the end and at least Judd made a good fist of it.

That was superb - glad we caught it... Watched Ron win that in style on the coach with my son on the way back from watching Fulham FC win the cup at Craven Cottage after him winning player of the season at his Rugby club yesterday.

What a great sporting weekend.

I watch all his matches through the snooker season on Eurosport, so special night for me. Great effort from Judd as well, and plenty of years for him to win it again

I never had much time for Judd tbh but he took his defeat well and after listening to his comments at the end of the match he’s earned my respect.

Yes, Judd earned massive respect from me a few years ago when he ditched all the superfluous stuff, employed his Brother as motivator, watcher and critic and knuckled down to not only learn great safely play, but reign himself in with the more outlandish shots. He's a very fine player now. Just a pity his very esoteric technique lets him down occasionally. However he's had a fantastic season....

Judd's consistency has been poor all season. Sublime one match, club player chancing his arm the next. He really wasn't in this tournament until that session against Williams and had said at the outset of the two weeks that he just wanted the season over.

Sunday the run of the balls went against him a bit, but he wasn't firing on four at all. Yesterday the real Judd showed up, but he let his instinct overcome his more prudent approach of the last few seasons and took on a few shots which were too marginal and didn't pay off. Without those minor and understandable errors of judgement he might have pulled up closer, which might have got interesting.

As it was, who'd really deny Ronnie the seventh WC? He's been in good cheer and fine form all the tournament long and that was good to see.

When he had that first arguement with the ref when he couldnt see the red and had it replaced and astoundingly could hit it i have gone right off ronald. He cheated in my opinion.
That statement is not correct from this footage. Ronnie did nothing wrong and, if anything, the final repositioned yellow was not quite far enough right as we look at it as the Commentator says.

advertisement

Back