advertisement

Postings images in pfm threads - not working anymore?

MikeMA

pfm Member
At one time I could post images here using Photobucket with no problem. When the owners messed up Photobucket I moved to Imgbb.

My problem is, no matter what I do, I can't post images here on pfm using imgbb. They just shows up as little photo icons with a red X. I've just tried two other image hosting websites with exactly the same result.

Out of desperation, I've just tried posting the same images over on AOS using the same three hosting sites and, voila! they all work perfectly!

So, my question is, why doesn't Imgbb or any of the other hosting sites work for me on pfm but are a ok on AOS? What if anything am I doing wrong? Is there some function in my pfm account I need to turn on/off?

I'm using WIN10 Pro and Google Chrome. Help!

Nothing has changed and flickr still works fine for me. Make sure to use the BB code.

why doesn't Imgbb or any of the other hosting sites work for me on pfm

I had a similar PBKAC using imgbb at first, but if you open your image in a separate window and then click on and copy the code, it works.

Last edited:
27082289788_bde967c51d_b.jpg

Just checking…

PS If you are trying to do this from Safari on an iPhone you need a) not to use the Flickr app as it is utter crap, and b) enable ‘request desktop site’ for Safari in System Settings as that’s the only way to get the BB code option to show on the Flickr website. That done you should be able to post pictures of TD-124s everywhere.

Nothing has changed and flickr still works fine for me. Make sure to use the BB code.
I am using the BB codes, and it's working fine on AOS and the Wam, but not here for some strange reason. I seem to remember having this problem ages ago and think it was something to do with a setting in my account, but can't be sure. I'm using a desktop PC with Win10 pro and Google Chrome as browser. I'm only getting this problem with pfm.

I am using the BB codes, and it's working fine on AOS and the Wam, but not here for some strange reason. I seem to remember having this problem ages ago and think it was something to do with a setting in my account, but can't be sure. I'm using a desktop PC with Win10 pro and Google Chrome as browser. I'm only getting this problem with pfm.

Wipe browser history & cache and try again...

Postimages is fine for me

:D

What confused me for a bit was trying to use the "image" icon to add the BB code, when composing a post on pfm. That didn't work. But just pasting the BB code into the body of the post seems to work perfectly well.

If you want to send me the BB code in a msg I’ll try to post it for you to see if that works.

Here's one of the codes:

SAM-2030.jpg

Here's the result when I post it using the image icon:

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]

I've tried changing the BB start/end bits to upper case and the result is the same:

SAM-2030.jpg

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]

Just discovered that when I click on "edit" I can see the images!! but not otherwise. This is weird?

Here's one of the codes:

SAM-2030.jpg

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]

I've tried changing the BB start/end bits to upper case and the result is the same:

SAM-2030.jpg

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]
I can see the photos in two of the links when I quote them, but they don’t show when I post my reply.

Very strange.

I can see the photos in two of the links when I quote them, but they don’t show when I post my reply.

Very strange.
Yes, and see my post above yours, same thing! Strange. I still can't see the image in your quote though.

Here's one of the codes:

SAM-2030.jpg

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]

SAM-2030.jpg

SAM-2039.jpg
[/IMG]

Just discovered that when I click on "edit" I can see the images!! but not otherwise. This is weird?
Yes, and see my post above yours, same thing! Strange. I still can't see the image in your quote though.
I remember something weird like this happening to me once...

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...ng-pics-from-photobucket.229231/#post-3699704

advertisement

Back