advertisement

What’s happened? Posting pics from Photobucket.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
I’ve never had a problem before. Now I get that dreaded red x instead of the photo. Have I changed a setting somewhere?

ETA: I can post to PistonHeads ok, using the IMG link.

I'd drop photo bucket. They shot themselves in the foot a while back when they abruptly went to a pay model at some crazy price, then they tried partially backtracking. I use images hack.

They backtracked to the previous set up, as far as I’m concerned. Been using them for over ten years, so I really don’t want to ditch it. It appears to be a PFM issue.

Does this just show as a red X to others? The strange thing is, when I enter into Edit, the image is there!

Last edited:
ED6B43A1-4226-4360-AB3F-862E8E47CF93_zps0raiutuq.jpg

Using the Direct link from photobucket, same thing. And again the image appears while editing the post.

@Tony L

Aaaah. This is from a few months ago, link still works. Strange. Especially as I can share recent images on other forums.

I had a similar problem with Flickr a couple of weeks ago. I could preview the photo, but when I posted it I couldn’t see it on my iPad. I could on my phone, though. And if I went into ‘edit’ on the iPad, there it was. The problem seemed to magically clear by itself an hour or so later.

I also seem to have problems with the ‘image’ button from time to time (again on iPad) so I manually add my own img tags to the photo url.

I can only assume they are blocking outlinking somehow as your syntax looks correct. Certainly them, not us, as nothing at all has changed here.

And yet I can share to PistonHeads for example. And this has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

I can’t explain it. All I can state for certain is nothing has happened here! I don’t have a Photobucket account (I use Flickr which works fine) so annoyingly I can’t test anything. Hopefully others here who use the service may be able to help diagnose the issue, but I’ve changed or updated nothing here so I can’t explain it just stopping working, nor that older links work and new ones don't.

Can you maybe copy the full links into a post so we can all see them, i.e. don’t use the IMG tags or anything and post the code of an old one that works, and a new one that doesn’t? I’m curious to see if there is anything different about the link structure between the two.

PS Just had a quick look at ‘pistonheads’ and I don’t recognise the software. It’s certainly not XenForo 1.5.x (which is what we run here) anyway.

Ok. I'm posting this reply from my MacBook. Weirdly I can't even copy and paste the image links from here! I can't remember the last time I tried this from here though.
I'll do as you've asked from my iPhone.

Ffs!

Now I can’t get the lighthouse image to NOT show! Even though I removed

[URL and [/IMG][/URL]

The one that ends in a .jpg (a filename) should display fine, the one that ends in .html (a web page) shouldn’t, though that doesn’t necessarily seem to be the case!

I’ll just leave it as it is for now, maybe try to (hahaha) contact someone at the bucket. In the meantime no pics from me :(

advertisement

Back