advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Amazing how quickly reporting of Garland has gone from feckless weakling to masterful 3D chess champion. If they ever make a film about him, they should call it "The Summer I Turned Pretty".

This is absolutely gripping stuff. I'm amazed it's hardly being reported in UK MSM. I wonder too what information is being uncovered by investigators in the USA about GOP ties with foreign Fascist groups and individuals like Johnson, Farage, the Tory Party and UKIP and the whole ghastly Brexit crew. I'd love to see Trump and Johnson locked up.

This is absolutely gripping stuff. I'm amazed it's hardly being reported in UK MSM. I wonder too what information is being uncovered by investigators in the USA about GOP ties with foreign Fascist groups and individuals like Johnson, Farage, the Tory Party and UKIP and the whole ghastly Brexit crew. I'd love to see Trump and Johnson locked up.

Yep I’m loving it too so much so that I’m considering take an Apple news sub for a few weeks the reporting from the American newspapers is really on an altogether higher level from the shit we have to put up with here.

BTW trump won’t go to jail but his son in law probably will.

I love the fact that it was a librarian who has f u cked trump over in much the same way that it was the IRS who eventually got AL Capone.

The thing that really amazes me though you’d have thought that after Nixon and watergate the American’s wouldn’t have got caught again by a sleezebag for a president but unbelievably they have however the old saying ‘Don’t **** with Wongs’ is pretty apt here regarding trump.

"Trump apparently leaked the warrant to Breitbart. The DOJ had sought to redact or shield the names of agents involved. Trump took no caution. The Breitbart article has names of agents, which obviously puts a target on their back. Reprehensible. Trump needs to be stopped. Enough."

https://twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1558159389650984962

The article on Breitbart seems to suggest they don't understand weekends.

The interesting bit is the listed charges which are:

“They are: 18 U.S.C. section 793, which deals with defense information; 18 U.S.C. section 1519, which deals with destroying federal documents; and 18 U.S.C. section 2071, which deals with concealing, removing, or damaging federal documents. The first statute is the one that has likely provoked media speculation about so-called ‘nuclear’ documents: it applies to a broad range of defense ‘information,’ from code books to ordinary photographs.”

That could put him in contravention of the Atomic Energy Act, and that can carry a life sentence.
It could carry a death sentence, under the 1954 Espionage Act, and the 1994 Federal Death Penalty Act. The had to fudge the law a little to execute the Rosenbergs, but it's all in order now. That's if the National Security was affected by delivery of information to foreign powers.

The FBI search will, I suspect, be seen as the beginning to Trump's actual downfall. Things have suddenly changed.

Except on Fox News, where the narrative is that T***p can’t possibly be guilty because he was the “declassifier-in-chief”.

Except on Fox News, where the narrative is that T***p can’t possibly be guilty because he was the “declassifier-in-chief”.
Which is BS, because he needs evidence that he actually did such declassification, before he left office. Think he's got it? The FBI already has the stuff, it's too late for a sharpie.

BTW, I bet the law also bites you if you have something that you actually declassified, but you did not accordingly mark it and it still says "TOP SECRET" on it.... Anything marked "classified" has to be treated and stored as classified until the markings are appropriately revised.

Evening news reporting amongst items sized by FBI was

"... curiously some information relating to the president of France ..."

donald-trump-emmanuel-macron.gif

Which is BS, because he needs evidence that he actually did such declassification, before he left office. Think he's got it? The FBI already has the stuff, it's too late for a sharpie.

BTW, I bet the law also bites you if you have something that you actually declassified, but you did not accordingly mark it and it still says "TOP SECRET" on it.... Anything marked "classified" has to be treated and stored as classified until the markings are appropriately revised.

I completely agree of course, but pesky details just don’t matter to the average Fox News viewer. To the vast majority of them, this remains a witch hunt, or just much ado about nothing. Fox will continue telling these lies for as long as they possibly can get away with it. Unfortunately, it could be a long time before we know specifically what secrets he took, and what threat they represent to national security.

One thing is making me very uneasy. When Patreus was caught mishandling top secret material, the DOJ allowed him to plead down to a misdemeanor.

advertisement

Back