advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

In a click driven media world I’m not sure there is much interest in things that don’t scare people. The recommendation that Biden acts generally, irrespective of polls, like he is behind - is pretty sound advice whatever the situation. Christ it’s even good advice for Starmer!

The other aspect of this, is that a huge part of Trump’s campaign is to try and foster a forgone conclusion inevitability narrative by claiming to be winning in situations where he isn’t. A lot of that is supported by client media. The public there are not going to engage on mass this far from the polls, short of some major development. Taking note is different from scaring everyone shitless that they have no agency when a vote is still a way off and so much will happen before then.

Let’s see if Trump bottles the debate, the base will never move from their cult hero. But he needs a lot more than that.

These guys would tend to agree with your view. Some excellent insight here on both the Trump and Biden strategies:

Despite his 30(?) days or so tenure as one of Trump's Whitehouse appointees, I like Scaramucci. His take is that the Democrats are playing a waiting game, but in terms of donations raised and tactical spend on campaigning are outplaying Trump. He's also of the view that although some of the wealthiest individuals in the US look like they're pro Trump at this stage - in reality they are extremely nervous about the type of chaos he creates around him, and the potential catastrophic impact on the rule of law if he and his followers get their way. He frightens them in the way that any loose cannon would.

Trumpian chaos isn't not good for business, and certainly not good for preserving your wealth longterm if you happen to fall on the wrong side of him and his followers. Even the most revolutionary leaders need to think and act rationally and logically on occasion :)

Rename Dulles Airport in Virginia after Trump

The airport is already named for two monumentally despicable brothers. One headed the CIA, the other was Secretary of State, during the Eisenhower years. They are responsible for much of what is wrong with the world today, particularly Iran.

The airport is already named for two monumentally despicable brothers. One headed the CIA, the other was Secretary of State, during the Eisenhower years. They are responsible for much of what is wrong with the world today, particularly Iran.

One of my least favourite airports.

John Oliver’s breakdown of Trump’s Project 2025 (NSFW).

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1803110928885456961
I watched that last night - excellent (and terrifying) presentation. It confirms my belief that Trump is merely a "useful idiot" in helping various right-wing groups (notably "Christian" nationalists) foist their agenda on the rest of the country. It could also lose valuable expertise in the civil service, if only yes-(wo)men are allowed, leading to disastrous results. The USA, which rebelled against a King, are apparently ready to crown another one and endow him with the powers of a Putin, rather than a George III.

I see that Louisiana has now requested that the Ten Commandments be posted in all school classrooms. If that isn't an infringement of the First Amendment prohibition of the establishment of a religion, I don't know what is.

I see that Louisiana has now requested that the Ten Commandments be posted in all school classrooms. If that isn't an infringement of the First Amendment prohibition of the establishment of a religion, I don't know what is.
It`ll be because former NRA president Charlton Heston wants to bump up his posthumous royalties.

It would help if the people proposing this actually followed them, including the "You shall not kill" bit.
Of course, the more accurate translation is "you shall not murder", so using your AR-16 to defend yourself is not murder. What exactly a person who kills a great stack of people at a concert with a bump stock was defending against remains obscure.

I watched that last night - excellent (and terrifying) presentation. It confirms my belief that Trump is merely a "useful idiot" in helping various right-wing groups (notably "Christian" nationalists) foist their agenda on the rest of the country. It could also lose valuable expertise in the civil service, if only yes-(wo)men are allowed, leading to disastrous results. The USA, which rebelled against a King, are apparently ready to crown another one and endow him with the powers of a Putin, rather than a George III.

He's their perfect frontman. Putin sees a similar opportunity.

Some of the more gifted members of Congress see through it though.

https://x.com/jimstep260853/status/1803850306117083372

Conversely, Trump is using the Christian Nationalists and other MAGA and MAGA-adjacent groups as his useful idiots too. He has no intention of being anyone's puppet, he wants power for himself.

Conversely, Trump is using the Christian Nationalists and other MAGA and MAGA-adjacent groups as his useful idiots too. He has no intention of being anyone's puppet, he wants power for himself.

I suspect (as much as he has any cognitive ability left) Trump is desperate, cornered, and will happily destroy America to keep himself out of jail for his crimes. He knows if he loses this election he is going to spend the rest of his life in court and jail (along with much of his family). Being the narcissistic sociopath that he is he will work with anyone and destroy anything to achieve that aim. America, its racism, far-right religion and conspiracy theories are just the tools on the table to be used. His whole worldview has always been 100% Donald Trump, 0% anything else. He’s taking the whole place down rather than face jail.

advertisement

Back