advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Kenny Loggins Jesus would like a word.
1a103ed60183db149a2c4889d8b98279.jpg
At least that is more what Jesus would have looked like, hair-wise - Jews in Jesus's time (with one exception) did not have long hair. The exception was a Nazirite vow (not to be confused with the place name Nazareth).

The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man or woman wants to make a special vow, a vow of dedication to the Lord as a Nazirite, they must abstain from wine and other fermented drink and must not drink vinegar made from wine or other fermented drink. They must not drink grape juice or eat grapes or raisins. As long as they remain under their Nazirite vow, they must not eat anything that comes from the grapevine, not even the seeds or skins.

“‘During the entire period of their Nazirite vow, no razor may be used on their head. They must be holy until the period of their dedication to the Lord is over; they must let their hair grow long."

(Numbers 6: 1-5)

Samson is the classic example of a lifelong Nazirite. We know Jesus drank wine, so he couldn't have been a Nazirite.

Did they shorten their name to Nazis, or are they different?
Apparently from a Hebrew word meaning "to abstain from". Since the Nazis didn't abstain from very much, I think it's safe to assume that there isn't a connection. I confess I haven't checked the hair-lengths of the Israeli Army in Gaza to make absolutely sure.

Jesus made the stuff, so is it fair to assume the Lord had a damsongin conversion?
He also liked a drop:
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’
(Matt.11:18-19)

A portion of the party maybe, but not all of it. Fortunately we don't have anything as sinister and freaky as Trump over here. I don't see that happening. This is Europe, not the Wild West. Idiots like Truss and Rees-Mogg aren't clinically deranged psychiatric cases even though there are those that would like to examine their brains. Having said that, Europe has certainly had its share of very nasty despots.

Give it time. The direction of travel in the Tory Party is clear. And they left us with Brexit, something that can't be undone in 4 years (or 8). Our version (early draft being Boris) won't be as obvious as Trump though; it will more subtle and indirect, harder to spot. Still, that person (probably) won't be able to cause as much international damage as Trump might do if he wins in November. There is that.

And flogging Trump bibles.
I bet Exodus 20 has had a bit of a re-write...

1. You can't possibly have any other presidents except Me... raid the temple, Jan 6th!
2. Kompromat is false Noos^ /
graven images.
3. Don't take the gag order from Your Judge in vai^^
seriously.
4. Remember Wednesday is Campaig^^^
Golf day, hold it sacred.
5 Honour thy wife, by ..dumping her body on a golf course somewhere.

(..I could go on - but the man, his family & the very phenomenon - is utterly-nauseating.)

$9k Fine what do you do send out begging emails

“I was fined $9,000 for 9 gag order violations. THEY WANT TO SILENCE ME! They think they can BLEED ME DRY and SHUT ME UP, but I’ll NEVER stop fighting for YOU.” The email included a link to donate.

“You can fool some of the people some of the time -- and that's enough to make a decent living.” William Claude Dukenfield

advertisement

Back