advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

She looked and sounded off her t1ts in the BBC interview yesterday.

How can you be so rude about your Saviour?

She does have a book to sell (and possibly also a bridge in Brooklyn, should you be interested).

It's behind a pay wall so I haven't read it, but she has an Op Ed in todays Wall Street Journal titled "The Deep State Lies in Wait for Trump":

Looks like she's trying to hitch onto Trump's martyr train.

What's gone wrong with the world? Why are we suddenly beset by total morons?
It is because consensus reality has gone bi-polar. Proper, sensible, non-moronic belief and action has been more or less evidence-based since the Enlightenment. But a confluence of demagogs, oligarchs, and religious grifters have figured out that alternate facts can be made to work, to their advantage. This has resulted in two realities in the culture, each convinced the other is the victim of lies and delusions.

What's gone wrong with the world? Why are we suddenly beset by total morons?
Johnson and Trump.

Both of them did the exact same two specific things which dramatically increased the political idiocy on both sides of the pond, and gave the likes of Truss and MTG a voice and a shred of credibility they don't remotely deserve:

1 - Kick out or otherwise remove support from any moderate politicians or public figures who might not display total sycophantic loyalty.
2 - Demonstrate and constantly push brazen utter lies, misinformation, corruption, grifting & doublespeak, and just shrug off any questions or consequences. They might eventually get held to account - see Pincher affair / partygate and 91 felonies - but it's amazing what they got away with in the short term.

Client media support plays a part too, but these actions left a lot of people in surprisingly high and particularly vocal positions, who in reality are the political bin-juice you get from under the bottom of the barrel, after it has been thoroughly scraped.

It is because consensus reality has gone bi-polar. Proper, sensible, non-moronic belief and action has been more or less evidence-based since the Enlightenment. But a confluence of demagogs, oligarchs, and religious grifters have figured out that alternate facts can be made to work, to their advantage. This has resulted in two realities in the culture, each convinced the other is the victim of lies and delusions.
So, we are now in the midst of the Endarkenment. There's always the (vague) comfort that when fantasy collides with reality, fantasy always comes off second-best. The problem is the enormous damage caused before this happens.

@Don, as a US resident, do you think there will still be a USA by the 300th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence? Apart from MTG's ravings, I see many more serious commentators making predictions as to when and how such a split may occur. It seems to me that the current polarisation in the USA is the worst since That Other Polarisation 163 years ago. Of course, the Mason-Dixon Line offered a convenient borderline between the two rival territories back then, something that wouldn't be on offer in a new split (Houston and Dallas as new West Berlins in a red (of a different variety) territory?).

Last edited:
So, we are now in the midst of the Endarkenment. There's always the (vague) comfort that when fantasy collides with reality, fantasy always comes off second-best. The problem is the enormous damage caused before this happens.

Don, as a US resident, do you think there will still be a USA by the 300th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence? Apart from MTG's ravings, I see many more serious commentators making predictions as to when and how such a split may occur. It seems to me that the current polarisation in the USA is the worst since That Other Polarisation 163 years ago. Of course, the Mason-Dixon Line offered a convenient borderline between the two rival territories back then, something that wouldn't be on offer in a new split (Houston and Dallas as new West Berlins in a red (of a different variety) territory?).
As Alice Cooper said / sang, "Welcome to my Nightmare."

I met Alice at one of our metal gigs @ the live music venue I used to work in.
He entered in to the venue surreptitiously within a crowd of people including his lovely Wife, the punters that evening didn't even notice or knew he was in there with them.:D

The venue was rammed for that gig, a very good night for us all.

Alice went on BBC TV for a chat show the following evening and later did a UK TV commercial to wind me up about his real name and sell out celebs, brushing his sleeve briefly whilst doing his performance hehe.

blob

Don, as a US resident, do you think there will still be a USA by the 300th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence? Apart from MTG's ravings, I see many more serious commentators making predictions as to when and how such a split may occur. It seems to me that the current polarisation in the USA is the worst since That Other Polarisation 163 years ago. Of course, the Mason-Dixon Line offered a convenient borderline between the two rival territories back then, something that wouldn't be on offer in a new split (Houston and Dallas as new West Berlins in a red (of a different variety) territory?).
I thought about this a couple of times, and I'm afraid the 300th anniversary is in doubt. Can't predict yes or no. Sometimes the center holds, sometimes it doesn't.

The verdict would be the icing, the trial itself is the most important part as he cannot control what else comes out of it. His journey on the down slope continues.

But then a retrial, he won't get off with this.

Once a jury is sworn in then jeopardy attaches and he cannot be retried.

Although jeopardy does not attach if there is a mistrial to stop the obvious get out clause of a defendant causing their own mistrial after the jury is sworn in.

advertisement

Back