advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

This was written by the Chief Justice of the SC of Alabama in support of their decision (!!!!).

In summary, the theologically based view of the sanctity of lifeadopted by the People of Alabama encompasses the following: (1) Godmade every person in His image; (2) each person therefore has a valuethat far exceeds the ability of human beings to calculate; and (3) humanSC-2022-0515; SC-2022-057938life cannot be wrongfully destroyed without incurring the wrath of a holyGod, who views the destruction of His image as an affront to Himself.Section 36.06 recognizes that this is true of unborn human life no lessthan it is of all other human life -- that even before birth, all humanbeings bear the image of God, and their lives cannot be destroyed withouteffacing his glory.
Page 37 here

This was part of the "legal argument" ! I guess it's official, that Alabama is a theocracy.

The best is yet to come?

"Christian" cultism is on the rise.

The French were onto something back in 1905 when they came up with the laïcité principle.
Interesting piece below:

Article 2 both dictates that “the Republic neither recognizes nor employs nor subsidizes cults”, and guarantees the freedom of each cult, as long as they do not violate public order.

This was written by the Chief Justice of the SC of Alabama in support of their decision (!!!!).

Page 37 here

This was part of the "legal argument" ! I guess it's official, that Alabama is a theocracy.
The wheels come off their reasoning right there at point #1: the "God made every person in His own image" lark. Leaving aside all the other qualities one might reasonably expect from a Supreme Being, those persons writing the judgements for that kangaroo court do not inspire confidence in the validity of "intelligent design", do they?

Page 37 here

The appalling thing is that, while it is completely legitimate to hold such personal views, it is appallingly wrong to enforce them on others who don't adhere to them. That a court of law does this is beyond belief (so to speak).

Page 37 here

And yet Alabama has the highest per capita capital sentencing rate in the United States (from Wikipedia).

The appalling thing is that, while it is completely legitimate to hold such personal views, it is appallingly wrong to enforce them on others who don't adhere to them. That a court of law does this is beyond belief (so to speak).
And amazing to see people who present themselves as constitutional fundamentalists rejecting established constitutional doctrine and precedents in such a blatant way.

The French were onto something back in 1905 when they came up with the laïcité principle.
Interesting piece below:

Article 2 both dictates that “the Republic neither recognizes nor employs nor subsidizes cults”, and guarantees the freedom of each cult, as long as they do not violate public order.

That really reads so much better if you replace cult with cu*t :)

And amazing to see people who present themselves as constitutional fundamentalists rejecting established constitutional doctrine and precedents in such a blatant way.
And amazing to see people who present themselves as christian fundamentalists rejecting all of the teachings of Jesus in such a blatant way.
I think these people are genetically incapable of introspection.

Although, if it's a state decision can the Federal Supreme Court really intervene? After all, they were the ones who said that abortion law was a state decision, not a federal one.
If the Alabama law can be shown to violate the separation of church and state then the SCOTUS could rule it unconstitutional.

Interesting analysis here: https://verdict.justia.com/2024/02/...ense-wrought-by-the-fetal-personhood-movement

Reactions: PsB
I didn't hear the whole story, I was in the bathtub at the time, but I did hear the phrase "...it ends with the Alabama Supreme Court..." on a radio (NPR) report on the frozen embryo situation.

Providers of IVF are ceasing operations in Alabama.

If the Alabama law can be shown to violate the separation of church and state then the SCOTUS could rule it unconstitutional.

Interesting analysis here: https://verdict.justia.com/2024/02/...ense-wrought-by-the-fetal-personhood-movement

There is mention in the article about the fertilization process, that it is not considered godly.
Read somewhere else where the god-bother's were claiming that being they were created artificially in a test tube, that they were an affront to god as they had no soul.

So, is it to stop soul less demon spawn, or is it to protect the unborn, and then F them over after they are born. I'm confused.

Last edited:
There’s a horrible irony in the fact that the suit was brought by parents who lost frozen embryos due to an accident at a fertility clinic. They have now shut the door to similar treatment for other Alabamans to that they had benefited from.

And amazing to see people who present themselves as christian fundamentalists rejecting all of the teachings of Jesus in such a blatant way.
I think these people are genetically incapable of introspection.
I personally think that it boils down to the fact that the "Christians" in the USA see the country in the light of Old Testament principles, i.e. the idea that the USA is the modern-day equivalent of OT Israel, a nation uniquely chosen and blessed by God - and punished when it gets it wrong (Jerry Falwell said that 9/11 was divine punishment for the US's permissiveness towards gay people). There is talk of the USA being a "Christian country", something that, by definition, cannot exist, because only individuals can be saved, not countries. The idea of a "Christian country" is very much an OT concept.

They have to mention Jesus, because there's simply no way to say you're "Christian" and avoid him, so they co-opt his name and ignore what he actually said. I mentioned in a previous post the case of a church attender complaining to the pastor about the lefty, woke sermon he'd just delivered. When the pastor pointed out that he was quoting directly from The Sermon on the Mount (Matt.5-7), the very heart of the Christian message, the attender said that this was no longer relevant. Perhaps he should have noticed this bit of the Sermon on the Mount:

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
(Matt. 7:21)

The really worrying thing is that the real fanatics want to push this much further, to the Levitical punishments for sins, e.g. death for gays and adulterers. The return of stoning? Given the nuttiness that's emerging in the USA, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The really worrying thing is that the real fanatics want to push this much further, to the Levitical punishments for sins, e.g. death for gays and adulterers. The return of stoning? Given the nuttiness that's emerging in the USA, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Shows what a combination of "inspirational" and highly manipulative pastors plus "inspirational" Modern Gospel music can do in this media age. Church is the highlight of the week - like an evening in Las Vegas.

I personally think that it boils down to the fact that the "Christians" in the USA see the country in the light of Old Testament principles, i.e. the idea that the USA is the modern-day equivalent of OT Israel, a nation uniquely chosen and blessed by God - and punished when it gets it wrong (Jerry Falwell said that 9/11 was divine punishment for the US's permissiveness towards gay people). There is talk of the USA being a "Christian country", something that, by definition, cannot exist, because only individuals can be saved, not countries. The idea of a "Christian country" is very much an OT concept.

They have to mention Jesus, because there's simply no way to say you're "Christian" and avoid him, so they co-opt his name and ignore what he actually said. I mentioned in a previous post the case of a church attender complaining to the pastor about the lefty, woke sermon he'd just delivered. When the pastor pointed out that he was quoting directly from The Sermon on the Mount (Matt.5-7), the very heart of the Christian message, the attender said that this was no longer relevant. Perhaps he should have noticed this bit of the Sermon on the Mount:

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
(Matt. 7:21)

#TalibanTrump

During a recent interview with a QAnon conspiracy theorist, the Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice indicated that he is a proponent of the “Seven Mountain Mandate,” which calls on Christians to impose fundamentalist values on all aspects of American life. (Media Matters)

There is talk of the USA being a "Christian country", something that, by definition, cannot exist, because only individuals can be saved, not countries. The idea of a "Christian country" is very much an OT concept.

I thought the Old Testament was rendered pretty much moot by Jesus? Didn't Paul say that Jesus is the covenant and the law?

advertisement

Back