advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

I watched that last night, very good with some interesting historical background. Thomas clearly needs impeaching/removing.

Mike Pence proving what an absolute piece of shit he is (Twitter). &*** his vile religion. My late godfather, who was an actual monk, wouldn’t recognise the radicalised divisive hate-filled distortion of Christianity monsters like Pence stand behind.

@Tony L - @tones has long-finessed here, with his usual gentle exactitude in discourse - that this is christianist behaviour: not Christian. In about the same relationship with the stem of the word, the Belief & commitments - as islamists are to Islam.

It is a very, very important distinction: for those of any Belief, and for those of us with none: so as not to distort how we .. receive one-another's views in discourse with appropriate tolerance and - perhaps even, sometimes mostly importantly when views diverge: appropriate compassion.

Mike Pence proving what an absolute piece of shit he is (Twitter). &*** his vile religion. My late godfather, who was an actual monk, wouldn’t recognise the radicalised divisive hate-filled distortion of Christianity monsters like Pence stand behind.

Why oh why is there never a mass shooting at one of these GOP conventions ?

@Tony L - @tones has long-finessed here, with his usual gentle exactitude in discourse - that this is christianist behaviour: not Christian. In about the same relationship with the stem of the word, the Belief & commitments - as islamists are to Islam.

It is a very, very important distinction: for those of any Belief, and for those of us with none: so as not to distort how we .. receive one-another's views in discourse with appropriate tolerance and - perhaps even, sometimes mostly importantly when views diverge: appropriate compassion.

Nail, meet hammer.

gandhi_quote.png

Fox looks to be in real trouble now with this ex-employee and the recordings. Settlement might well be along soon.

Once again I am vindicated! :)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ays-dominion-and-fox-news-trial-until-tuesday

Note, btw, that the money is not the issue here and Fox reportedly has a few billion in cash and can easily afford a few hundred $m. But, Fox would probably going have to take steps to fix the damage to Dominion's reputation such as running adverts pointing out that it was all a lie and there is no problem with the machines and therefore the election.

Note, btw, that the money is not the issue here and Fox reportedly has a few billion in cash and can easily afford a few hundred $m. But, Fox would probably going have to take steps to fix the damage to Dominion's reputation such as running adverts pointing out that it was all a lie and there is no problem with the machines and therefore the election.
I would hope that Dominion would demand that as part of any settlement. Confidence in their product needs to be restored. There needs to be significant push-back on the narrative because there's a subset of the electorate that still believes, if not that the election was stolen, then certainly that elements of it were flawed.

Looks like Dominion have Fox by the balls here. They should show no mercy. Of course, to some extent running ads and even editorial that it was all lies may only have a marginal effect on the audience as those who are in deep enough will simply dismiss it as a deep state conspiracy. There should really be action against the individuals responsible as well as the corporation.

Looks like Dominion have Fox by the balls here. They should show no mercy. Of course, to some extent running ads and even editorial that it was all lies may only have a marginal effect on the audience as those who are in deep enough will simply dismiss it as a deep state conspiracy. There should really be action against the individuals responsible as well as the corporation.

Dominion shouldn’t settle for less than $4-5bn IMO. This is a case they will clearly win and may even be able to take Fox out in the process. Just do it! I have no idea where Dominion sit on the political map, but assuming they are not GOP/fascist they should just push on aa this one is all on Fox and should be pursued for teh lulz.

FOX NEWS IS IN BIG TROUBLE IF THEY DO NOT EXPOSE THE TRUTH ON CHEATING IN THE 2020 ELECTION. THEY SHOULD DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR AMERICA. WHEN RUPERT MURDOCH SAYS THAT THERE WAS NO CHEATING IN LIGHT OF THE MASSIVE PROOF THAT WAS THERE, IT IS RIDICULOUS AND VERY HARMFUL TO THE FOX CASE. PERHAPS HE SHOULD SAY THAT "HE JUST DIDN'T KNOW," BUT THAT IS HARD TO BELIEVE. RUPERT, JUST TELL THE TRUTH AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN. THE ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLLEN...
YOU KNOW IT, & SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE!

A bruised narcissist (Twitter).

Dominion shouldn’t settle for less than $4-5bn IMO.

They are only suing for $1.6bn :)

Settlement figure is more likely to be about $400-$500m, although that's obviously a wild guess other than the fact that when people sue in America it's usually for about 3 times what they realistically think the actual damages would be.

It'll be much more interesting if they go to trial, especially given Murdoch would have to testify. Although that and the fact they seemingly have managed to get themselves into a position where they might well lose in a country with almost unlimited free speech is the reason I think Fox will settle.

Politically Dominion are a corporation which means they are mostly interested in damages and the conditions they would get to impose on Fox to redress the damage to their business. And, given they are politically nominally neutral, why they almost certainly have no interest in pushing it to trial for broader reasons.

They are only suing for $1.6bn :)

That’s my point, I see no motive not to go to trial unless the offer on the table is many multiples of the asking price. Fox will lose this and the publicity will be beneficial to Dominion and damaging to Fox. Win/win.

That’s my point, I see no motive not to go to trial unless the offer on the table is many multiples of the asking price. Fox will lose this and the publicity will be beneficial to Dominion and damaging to Fox. Win/win.

Or they might lose and get nothing. Which is why in my experience corporates only go to trial if the other party just refuses to give them reasonable compensation -- they are going to take, say, half billion and some serious forfeits in terms of Fox restoring their reputation rather than risk getting nothing.

Also IANAL and all, but if it did go to trial and the jury awarded some preposterous level of punitive damages, my impression of how these things generally work is there is a big media fanfare but then it all get adjusted to a sensible number on appeal.

They should go to trial and refuse any monetary damages but insist on fox showing a disclaimer on screen during every show stating that fox lied about voting fraud regarding dominion machines and the election was not stolen

The other likely legal development if / when Fox settles / loses will be shareholders suing Fox for losing somewhere between 500m and $1.5bn.

advertisement

Back