advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Kevin McCarthy meets the President of Taiwan. Jeezy peeps.

https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/status/1643661729912725507?s=20

DDDE8-EDA-BF5-A-4-B11-B5-F9-9-CBF4-AC84849.jpg

Can you imagine the fuss Fox and the republicans would make if Biden had dressed like that?

It's clear Clarence Thomas judges the way he does because he's an atrocious shit monster, ideologically bound to the shit monster agenda, not because his opinion is being bought. This kind of corruption is a reward, not a transaction, which is no less a crime.

Steve Albini (Twitter).

A fish rots from the head down.

Republicans are very slow learners. This grotesque, gerrymandered overreach of power has already backfired, propelling three previously unknown Dem state reps into the national spotlight. Tennessee has now become the epicenter of stupid Republican f*ckery.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/us/tennessee-democrats-office-removal-vote/index.html

Sorry to quote my own post, but this story has just gotten a lot uglier.

There are three Dems in question - two young black men and one older white woman - so there are three expulsion votes.

Tennessee Republicans voted to expel the first young black man and then, amazingly, they fell one vote short of expelling the older white woman!

All three made the same protest, but are receiving unequal treatment. It is blatant institutional racism in action. Again, this grotesque behavior is backfiring in spectacular fashion, and I assume that those expelled will take their case to court.

Sorry to quote my own post, but this story has just gotten a lot uglier.

There are three Dems in question - two young black men and one older white woman - so there are three expulsion votes.

Tennessee Republicans voted to expel the first young black man and then, amazingly, they fell one vote short of expelling the older white woman!

All three made the same protest, but are receiving unequal treatment. It is blatant institutional racism in action. Again, this grotesque behavior is backfiring in spectacular fashion, and I assume that those expelled will take their case to court.

And to nobody's surprise it got worse. The other black representative has been expelled.

And strangely, no mention of race in this BBC report.

More on the Tennessee Three. Excellent stuff from Pearson and Jones who the GOP have managed to turn into political stars.

I know nothing about Tennessee law but it seems incredulous that democratically elected officials can be kicked out by a 2/3 vote of other members. I could see the case is for example if one had been convicted of a serious crime, but for a dubious charge of 'disorder and dishonor'' ? Surely the actions of the Tennessee GOP rate far more extreme 'disorder and dishonor', as they have made their house a laughing stock worldwide.

advertisement

Back