advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

I see everyone is lauding the DoJ for posting a motion for reconsideration because it puts more in the record and puts Trump in a bind both of which make an appeal much easier.

They might file for reconsideration by this judge to get more in the record before an appeal or some other legal manoeuvring but I think they will appeal and appeal soon.

Note I did my law degree at the University of The Good Wife and then further study at Twitter Law School :)

I hope the DOJ has something on Michael Flynn, because he is causing almost as much trouble for US democracy as Trump at the moment:

https://apnews.com/article/michael-...nvestigation-50fa5dcff7f99cf93409fcd6c1357bee

The retired lieutenant general, former national security adviser, onetime anti-terrorism fighter, is now focused on his next task: building a movement centered on Christian nationalist ideas, where Christianity is at the center of American life and institutions.

1662758068409-png.181733

More good analysis from MSNBC regarding the various subpoenas landing at various places around the Trump-sphere. Looks like the DOJ are doing very thorough work across multiple fronts.

This channel is relatively new to me and has been pretty good in it's legal analysis of the Trump news.

More good analysis from MSNBC regarding the various subpoenas landing at various places around the Trump-sphere. Looks like the DOJ are doing very thorough work across multiple fronts.

Hmmm, the DOJ have got their hooks right into their big fish...

His names Trout and he's out!

Just a matter of time.

That is what I am gonna call him from now on, without the capital T and I really do hope he gets totally t routed. :D

Yes, Set Abramson said right from the beginning of the search of MAL that all Trump's properties ( and probably his children's properties) should be searched straight away (based on public knowledge of boxes being moved into Trumps properties)

Of course, the GOP would be calling all sorts of victimisation along with Trump himself but the phrase "clear & present danger" is paramount

Here’s a thread of photos of various people at MAL at the time there were unsecured classified national security documents on the premises (Twitter). I suspect it is a tiny subset and there will be many undocumented visitors, but it is clear some truly awful people were in the place within this timeframe.

Some possible explanation as to why Barr seems to be so critical of Trump of late. Looks like he’s in a lot of trouble himself.

PS It has been suggested on The Twitters that the whole strategy of the Trump legal team is a version of the classic Chewbacca defence:

It’s a chilling idea, more like a bad airport paperback thriller plot. Crazy ex-President takes classified and top secret documents to his tacky golf resorts where the only door policy is how rich and vulgar you are.

Later that night there’s a queue of North Korean, Chinese, Russian and Israeli goons dressed like Tiger Woods waiting to get into the offices while the skeleton security staff are either inhaling anaesthetic gas without their consent or are round the back with a prostitute who strangely isn’t asking for payment -while the mango god is upstairs wiping the cheeseburger remnants from his mouth onto the bed sheets.

It’s a chilling idea, more like a bad airport paperback thriller plot. Crazy ex-President takes classified and top secret documents to his tacky golf resorts where the only door policy is how rich and vulgar you are.

Later that night there’s a queue of North Korean, Chinese, Russian and Israeli goons dressed like Tiger Woods waiting to get into the offices while the skeleton security staff are either inhaling anaesthetic gas without their consent or are round the back with a prostitute who strangely isn’t asking for payment -while the mango god is upstairs wiping the cheeseburger remnants from his mouth onto the bed sheets.
You paint a compelling picture.

Reactions: PsB

40 new subpoenas and phones etc seized. The law really is coming at Trump from all directions now. I can’t see him living longer than the multiple cases he faces. The slow-motion fall of America’s biggest crook, traitor and mob boss. I am thoroughly enjoying the spectacle!

PS Folk will be studying this for centuries, it has to be of the significance of the JFK shooting IMO.

advertisement

Back