advertisement

Post Covid Gigs?

Got to wait until April '22 for this
145024198_10157689946762554_5352705159636831027_o.jpg

Booked for Martin Turner ex-Wishbone Ash, at The Eel Pie Club, Twickenham, London (always a rapturously received gig) for Thursday 2nd September 2021. Martin and his band totally kill live, plus they are playing ‘Wishbone Four’ in full plus other WA classics, always including at least a couple of songs from ‘Argus’.

Andy Powell’s official, Wishbone Ash, will also doubtless be playing also (but not at the same venues on the same nights)!
Very interesting... I'm only a few miles away. I'll investigate. Thanks for the recommendation

Richard Hawley in Halifax now September
Lightnings Seeds in Manchester now September
GN’R in London supposed to be in June but will be moved again now I guess.

In a somewhat hopeful way, we've just booked tickets for the Rotation Garden Party at the end of July.
Phil Mison, Chicken Lips, amongst others playing on an audiophile sound system, in the grounds of a 14th century manor house.

Foals at Olympia, originally May 2020, then 2021, now 2022. I'm OK with that. I feel this summer is definitely too early and probably autumn is too.

*fingers crossed*
Rival Consoles in Brighton at The Old Market (which has got an excellent sound system), 7th October
Django Django at Chalk in Brighton, 23rd October
LoneLady and Snapped Ankles, amongst others at Down At The Abbey
Probably Summer Love festival, first Saturday of September

Just booked Kirk Brandon Akoustik at end May ( socially distanced tour), kingdom of Madness ( Magnum tribute) and Altered Images next year.
Trying to make the most of time

Stewart Lee at the Lowry just been re scheduled again from June this year to January 2022.

Cousin Kula - Thekla Bristol
Antonio Forcione - Ronnie Scott's
Wille & The Bandits - Bath
The Specials - O2 Bristol
Billy Bragg - O2 Bristol

Last edited:
Field Day, Weyfest and End of the Road festivals Late August / start September, so hopefully OK
Rock Against Racism celebration in Brighton postponed from March 2020 to September 2020 to April 2021 to October 2021 - Misty in Roots, Ruts, Members, can't wait!

Just back from seeing Transmission a joy division tribute. Great to get back out on the live music scene pretty varied crowd talking to the chap at the front he was 64! Missed it lots and they made a decent job of it especially the drummer and bass player. 24 hours was amazing.

advertisement

Back