advertisement

I doubt we will see him again, it went very quickly from advice from fellow owners who know how to fettle a deck and what to look out for to cable loonies (this bit of wire sounds so different to that bit of wire....), turntable haters (urghh, what a waste of time just get a loganberry pie) and Linn bashers.

I resent being referred to as a ‘cable looney’
If you can’t hear the difference between ‘silver anniversary’ cable compared to a ‘copper’ cable, like, for example, Atlas Hyper 3.5, then I would suggest an audiology appointment

OP mentioned that the deck had been setup by Oranges and Lemons in London.
And I reckon they done him up like a right lemon, but then again it doesn’t sound as if it is actually been set up with care at home. Perhaps that’s why things have gone quiet!!

And I reckon they done him up like a right lemon, but then again it doesn’t sound as if it is actually been set up with care at home. Perhaps that’s why things have gone quiet!!
They've been a Linn dealer since the early 90's. I suspect they did a fine job setting up the OP's LP12, only the stylus hadn't been cleaned since new. Perhaps it now has been given a good scrub and the OP is too busy enjoying his records to bother responding to the usual drivel on here.

Just adding my 2p to early posts. I found the Cirkus bearing noticeably brighter than the original bearing. My new Karousel takes it back in the other direction towards the first bearing. My biggest upgrade was getting rid of the cirkus metal sub-chassis and the wooden arm board.

Just adding my 2p to early posts. I found the Cirkus bearing noticeably brighter than the original bearing. My new Karousel takes it back in the other direction towards the first bearing. My biggest upgrade was getting rid of the cirkus metal sub-chassis and the wooden arm board.
I never got on with the Cirkus bearing and the steel sub-chassis included in the Cirkus kit. It wasn’t until I upgraded subchassis to the one-piece Greenstreet that it all came together.

I never got on with the Cirkus bearing and the steel sub-chassis included in the Cirkus kit. It wasn’t until I upgraded subchassis to the one-piece Greenstreet that it all came together.
Yes, I went 3rd party on the subchassis and arm as well, with great results

Normal people tend not to come back to audio forums once they are sorted. May seem a bit rude but i don't really blame them.
In the OP's defense, many of his 33 posts (all in this thread, mind) included the words 'thank you'.

I hear you though. Over the years, I've blogged out some detailed instructions to one-post new members who seem to have never returned (or couldn't find their way back). I don't really mind, as others may benefit.

advertisement

Back