advertisement

Pink Floyd Animals 2018 Remix

Then why buy any records from the last 35 years? Vinyl sounds different, it's mastered differently, often with less dynamic compression. Some people prefer that.

I wasn't aware of the dynamic range difference so thanks for that.
If there's any other differences I'd like to know.
I just like the "vinyl experience".

It doesn't make sense - I agree on that logic.
But I still like playing records!
So do I, so do I :)
But preferably old analogue cuts.
This said, I truly enjoyed the latest vinyl release of Sgt Pepper, which was unfortunately processed digitally. The latest mono series, entirely analogue, are superb, much better than the digital versions.
That makes sense, doesn’t it?

So do I, so do I :)
But preferably old analogue cuts.
This said, I truly enjoyed the latest vinyl release of Sgt Pepper, which was unfortunately processed digitally. The latest mono series, entirely analogue, are superb, much better than the digital versions.
That makes sense, doesn’t it?
That does make sense.
I've got the mono release of "the white album" - unfortunately I only played it once.
I had the stereo copy when younger which was played to death back in the day.
But, if it's a recording of music you love, I can also understand that too.

Just listened to it - doesn't sound right to me.
I’m a little unsure too. I was very familiar with the album years ago but I haven’t listened to it in years. Despite that, it did sound different (understandably given it’s a remix) and maybe that difference is all the oddness is, to me anyway.

Mick

Sounds a bit thin compared to my original vinyl copy, but seeing as this has quite a lot of scratches and surface noise now I'm going to preorder the sacd version!

I have this which was done in 2016, not sure I need another along with my 1977 version.

OS05ODM3LmpwZWc.jpeg

https://www.discogs.com/release/9431705-Pink-Floyd-Animals

advertisement

Back