advertisement

Pink Floyd Animals 2018 Remix

dalryc

pfm Member
The 2018 remix of Animals is now available to pre-order on Amazon, release date is 7th October 2022.

Interesting if the mastering was made in the analogue domain, down to cutting. If not, the LP is if no interest, as usual.
Any information?

Interesting if the mastering was made in the analogue domain, down to cutting. If not, the LP is if no interest, as usual.
Any information?
I've no interest in the LP itself but want the surround remixes, even though it wasn't originally mixed for quad.

SACD version
Analogue Productions exclusive!
A multitrack masterpiece. Mixed for 5.1 surround sound and stereo from the original analog master tapes by Pink Floyd Producer/Engineer James Guthrie!
Plays in stereo on CD players and in 5.1 surround sound and stereo on all SACD and compatible players

Any information?

Why would you want the generation loss of analogue mixing? Better upsampled from the tapes, remixed and then any record magic can be added at the end stage.

Why would you want the generation loss of analogue mixing? Better upsampled from the tapes, remixed and then any record magic can be added at the end stage.
I get that, sure. But then it’s CD. Why listen to digital or digitally processed stuff on LP? This doesn’t make sense to me.

Excuse my ignorance, but was this version originally released in 2018, or did that not happen for some reason?

Or is this a re-release of the 2018 version?

(50th anniversary of Darkside next year, I think, so no doubt we’ll be able to buy yet another version ).

regards

Kevin

Excuse my ignorance, but was this version originally released in 2018, or did that not happen for some reason?

Or is this a re-release of the 2018 version?

(50th anniversary of Darkside next year, I think, so no doubt we’ll be able to buy yet another version ).

regards

Kevin
It was mixed, but not released, in 2018 due to fighting within the band regarding text printed on the album cover.

I get that, sure. But then it’s CD. Why listen to digital or digitally processed stuff on LP? This doesn’t make sense to me.

Then why buy any records from the last 35 years? Vinyl sounds different, it's mastered differently, often with less dynamic compression. Some people prefer that.

There's nothing on an analogue mixed and mastered record that you can't do in digital by adding noise, distortion, rolling off frequency, throwing away data and adding clicks and pops.

I consider vinyl my preferred source, but there's nothing about it that couldn't be done better on cd if that was the intent.

Hi, I've already got Animals remastered 2011, mastered by james guthrie and joel plante, sounds pretty good,
it must cost bugger all to remix an album, no wonder nick mason is knee deep in Ferrari's,

advertisement

Back