advertisement

Picoreplayer nas drive mount help! :(

@Stuart Frazer

I put my music files in a created Share called Squeezebox, so just substitute names

The path might be different as I have an old TS121

Navigate to Control Panel > Shared Folders >

I tick the box on Squeezebox > Then the Edit Shared Folder Permissions (center hands icon on the rhs).

Click > Add > Enter IP Address > Apply > Close > Exit

back with the piCore bit shortly

ronnie

Thanks Ronnie. I've added the QNAP Multimedia folder as a share along with the IP of my RPi:

https://flic.kr/p/2k41d6b
dateposted-public

script>

Just for comparison...

I don’t have a /Volume1/ in my PCP sharename (although it is used by Windows) just the final folder name. I also have uid=1001,gid=50 as additional options, and 1.0 (rather than just 1) as my Samba version. I’m using CIFS.

Yes, tried that, no luck. Thanks for posting.

Yes, tried that, no luck. Thanks for posting.
My original Pi2 setup from a couple of years ago wouldn’t work unless I put something in the PCP username and password boxes, so I just put 1 in both. I did the same on my new Pi3 system a couple of weeks back - don’t know if it was still necessary, but it worked first time so I left it!

It took a while as i could not remember how I did it

If you need to add any options, start with vers=1, then change the number 2 or 3

ronnie

Thanks so much Ronnie - Based on your "Squeezebox" mount above, I have just taken a look at my QNAP Share Name and noticed it was Multimedia. I then changed both the PCP LMS Settings "Mount Point" and "Share Name" inputs to Multimedia and the QNAP drive mounted on NFS. Bingo! RPi now currently scanning my music...... Great start to the weekend!

Thanks very much everyone for posting, much appreciated.

I'm now going to have a beer!

advertisement

Back