advertisement

Picked up a Sansui 222 mkll

A Nagaoka MP10 would be a good shout.

That’s what a late friend of mine used with his 222 mk 2. In fact I remember help him carry the turntable and a pair of Kef Celeste speakers from the shop in central Manchester to the bus stop home. I let him carry the speakers.

A Gag MP11 would be great on an SR222. A classic combination. Avoid Grado. Unless of course you like it all soft and fluffy sounding!

Actually, NOS Grado show up for sale on-line quite often over here. Back in the day, at $15 a pop, folk used to regularly buy spares and forget they even had them. I recall reminding a retired punter, who had brought his deck in on a busy Saturday, that he already had a spare at home that I had sold to him the year before. I put a new one on anyway, and he likely as not still had that spare when he eventually kicked off.

43e314adf30cb4a73a363db7c59f67b9.jpg

Actually, NOS Grado show up for sale on-line quite often over here. Back in the day, at $15 a pop, folk used to regularly buy spares and forget they even had them. I recall reminding a retired punter, who had brought his deck in on a busy Saturday, that he already had a spare at home that I had sold to him the year before. I put a new one on anyway, and he likely as not still had that spare when he eventually kicked off.

43e314adf30cb4a73a363db7c59f67b9.jpg
I’ve got two.

advertisement

Back