Photo Theme 267 - ‘Up My Street’ - closing date: midnight 5 March 2020

DSCF0746_800px.jpg

DSCF0749_800px.jpg

by dusk, by night:
6hours apart on a Thursday.

... now closed :¬>

- will peruse all these marvellous entries on the morrow

(weather permitting of course ....)

Although I was slightly disappointed with the lack of captivating manhole covers or fascinating paving patterns, there were without a shadow of a doubt some great entries here - including a diptych that would have done the last (aborted) theme proud ;¬>

Significant is the range; from the routine and mundane right through to the spectacular - galactic even!

Tough choice indeed, but I managed to narrow it down to the two pairs I found most captivating (coincidentally encompassing both ends of the spectrum) and almost went with a ‘joint first’ copout.

However, the winner is …… Mr ff1d1l on the basis that both photos clearly highlight the transformative role of lighting (and thereby photography itself) in adding drama to a subject and thus go that extra mile.

Special honorary mention to Marchbanks though for the documentary directness and honesty of his two images - took me right back to the farmyards I used to encounter as a lad ;¬>

Thanks, guys, some great entries, and feel several were ahead of mine...
I'll have a think about a subject and reappear with one hopefully in a day or two.

advertisement

Back