advertisement

Photo Theme 267 - ‘Up My Street’ - closing date: midnight 5 March 2020

miktec

retired
Photo Theme 267 - ‘Up My Street’ - closing date: midnight 5 March 2020

The theme is ‘Up My Street’ - but ’Down….’ is also permitted

NO GARDEN PIX !!

1) TWO photographs to have been taken within 50 yards of your front door/gate between the time of this post and the end date (GMT/UTC midnight)

2) Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

Cold; Unruly/disobedient; 4 Legged; My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings; 4 Legged; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Crowded; Retail; Cold; Arches; Space; Movement; Anything Goes (twice in a row); Outside; Emergency Services; Work; Scorch; Tiny; Album cover; Non-linear; Fill the frame; Rust; Festive sprit; New beginning; Open (anything goes);Texture / Dominant Colour; Close to home; Favourite thing; Open; Portrait: Green in black and white; Large!; Below; Changing Seasons; Technology; Xmas Excess; A Sense of Scale; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned)

... just to be clear: you as photographer need to be stood outside your house and within 50 yards of your front door (or front gate as applicable) but NOT on your property.

What you photograph can be anywhere between where you are stood and infinity :)

NB. it is in no way the intention of this challenge to encourage clandestine voyeurism LOL

... just to be clear: you as photographer need to be stood outside your house ....

.. or floating, or seated, or kneeling, or crouched ... or lying down (wouldn't want to miss the fighting mice)

IOW - 'positioned'

sorry but another incomprehensible theme why do you want two photos? and how are you going to know whether it is or isnt within 50 yards or 45.72m? Shall I take photos with a tape measure showing?

Anyway I am out, I certainly would not take any pictures in the vicinity of my house that identifies my property or my neighbours.

sorry but another incomprehensible theme why do you want two photos? and how are you going to know whether it is or isnt within 50 yards or 45.72m? Shall I take photos with a tape measure showing?

Anyway I am out, I certainly would not take any pictures in the vicinity of my house that identifies my property or my neighbours.

Not my idea mate - suggested in another thread and by another poster, I just typed it out and put it up

Quite honestly I've had enough of this malarky meself .... it's just a bleedin' online snapshot doodah - not the soddin Turner Prize o_O

Actually sounds quite fun to me... may give it a go at the weekend, lots of potential without compromising my, or anyone else's privacy. My house tends to get photographed a lot anyway, so I'm not going to do that, but within 45.72m there are quite a lot of things worthy of photographing...

Sounds like a great them to me - in fact one of my themes a while ago was Close to Home. Just one thing, if one is away travelling and really not at home before 5 March then hopefully in the spirit of this great thread we may be allowed to photograph the vicinity of our ‘home’ for the night wherever that happens to be?! Anyway Thanks for posting a new Theme. I was just getting my head around the Diptych but didn’t quite get there.

For goodness sake men
just step out of the door, open your eyes and find something interesting.
I have a teaching pal...graphics...who lectures his pupils thus.
'If you can't find something...a blob of old paint, a scratch, a reflection, a woodgrain...on that desk you are sitting at, and turn it into a piece of graphics...get off my course'

They always did. :)

Here...I've done these i 4 mins since I started writing.
These pins are within 8 inches of my right hand right now.
Didn't even need to get out of my chair :)
OK they are not brill but I'll go out when the rain stops and contribute properly.

IMG_0155 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

IMG_0154 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Fantastic.

Is that an octopus skeleton in the background?
Ha!! Includes elephant (the big one obviously), and hippo with those ridiculously viscious teeth (herbivore of course so purely offensive / defensive purpose), kudu ( my wife tells me, not impala) and on the far left I think is a rhino but not 100% sure about that.

Last edited:
Must be hard eating grass with those gnashers!
It's pretty interesting - the top and bottom sets grind together to produce razor sharp edges and tips. Very scary weapons. I think they kill more people in Africa than the big 5 combined (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo). There are loads of hippos near where people live, not just in the parks. I guess they graze using their lips more than teeth.
Yawn... Hippo mouth by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Working dogs at rest and muddy horse.

49622628448_52feaae1af_b.jpg

49623416447_1e1a125965_b.jpg

advertisement

Back