advertisement

Photo Theme #1: SIMPLE

Careful Tony or Mick might notice the new word you invented there

It is actually a real word, just not the one I was aiming for! I compose messages in Word and cut / paste, but I am on occasion capable of spelling so poorly that I get the wrong word...

Tony.

Looks too big and irregular to be a bit of dust. You can get wet cleaning kits for dSLRs, but maybe you can't get inside a compact. Time for a new camera.

Looks too big and irregular to be a bit of dust. You can get wet cleaning kits for dSLRs, but maybe you can't get inside a compact. Time for a new camera.

Luckily it has a two year warranty so I've got a year left to get it done (I bought it almost exactly a year ago). I'll get it done for sure, but maybe not right now.

Tony.

tony.

excellent effort, though i do wish you would do some post-processing. the camera simply makes generic judgments about contrast and the better cameras simply aim to give you lightroom latitude with bland pics.

here is a possibilty:

tony1970.jpg

i think in the early 1970s,someone like bert convy or sammy davis jr. would have paid a lot for something like that and kept it in the den. i bet igary would like it for his living room. i also see possibilties as a patter for skatepunk t-shirts.

btw--your pic also looks better in my (black) version of pfm: you've got a clash of styles happening. here is a better context for presentation:
http://vukfoto.com/misc/tony1970.htm

vuk.

cliff.

that is easily the best pics you've shown us so far. i would be tempted to clone out some of the speckles.

vuk.

A few "simple" images from me....

1) Calla Lily
medium.jpg

2) Lamplight
medium.jpg

3) Resistance
medium.jpg

4) Window in Old Nice
medium.jpg

'Fraid not, I just wanted to see if people liked my view of "simple".
Perhaps I didn't read the instructions properly ;)

I took them as part of my work on the Amateur Photographer Diploma in Photography that I recently completed

those are all simple, but it has to be a new photo that you take upon being informed of the theme.

cheers,
vuk.

tony.

excellent effort, though i do wish you would do some post-processing. the camera simply makes generic judgments about contrast and the better cameras simply aim to give you lightroom latitude with bland pics.

here is a possibilty:

tony1970.jpg

i think in the early 1970s,someone like bert convy or sammy davis jr. would have paid a lot for something like that and kept it in the den. i bet igary would like it for his living room. i also see possibilties as a patter for skatepunk t-shirts.

btw--your pic also looks better in my (black) version of pfm: you've got a clash of styles happening. here is a better context for presentation:
http://vukfoto.com/misc/tony1970.htm

vuk.

I've done a bit of modifying to this myself...
what do you think?

BurberryCheck.gif

:D

ONE more favour. when people quote another's posting, could you please remove the image link, so we don't duplicate pictures all over the place? thanks.

vuk--thread moderator.

I initially tried some post processing (just curves), but found I much preferred the muted almost Rothko colours of the straight from camera shot. Your remix makes it look like I have some kind of god-awful 1980s TV decoration show dado paint-work! In reality the wall is all white, the colour cast comes from electric light and poor camera white balance.

Tony.

If Albania doesn't adopt that as their new flag, they've missed a grand opportunity.

hey hold on here! tony, you're the guy who took the "come into my den, chocolate momma" picture and it's your bloody living room decor, i just accentuated the aesthetic a *little*. were you listening to your isaac hayes record at the time?

kasper.

i don't think tony's camera has enough pixels for that.

btw--did you enough my sting ode?

vuk.

advertisement

Back