advertisement

Photo Theme #1: SIMPLE

If it's ever my turn I want everyone to know that I'd put a picture of vamp Willow on my livingroom walls, so your mission, gentlemen, should you choose to accept, is to...

Joe

If it's ever my turn I want everyone to know that I'd put a picture of vamp Willow on my livingroom walls, so your mission, gentlemen, should you choose to accept, is to...

joe.

that theme would be be "slutty goth girl" and you just know i'll be in a great position to produce a winner.

vuk.

I have some old screen prints from 1966 on my living room wall which were works in progress and never finished. They look great.

Great Idea for a thread.

I think the only rules need to be that it's taken within the time limit and that it's posted with it's longest axis at a given size.

Other than that it's completely up to you how to interperet the theme.

Vuk,

Good point about art, and it's purpose. Photography doesn't have to be about art though - I use it to document my life and that of my family. I also dabble in a bit of art, but realistically my attempts are insignificant copies of already explored themes.

Talking of art, here is my attempt at simple:

http://www.loftsoft.co.uk/pictures/KC7U2233a.jpg

Ok, maybe not too simple, but I was drawn to the two patterns and thought they went well together. Taken at London Bridge station this evening in the rain.

Cesare

Other than that it's completely up to you how to interperet the theme.

what i am looking for is photographic creativity, not an ability to be clever with language. the theme is a sort of constraint which hopefully pushes people to explore the idea.

vuk.

one more request, although it may be too late. for purposes of gallery and my own rigid notions, could we please have uncropped pics?

pete.

there is certainly a picture in there, but i think you need to experiment more (with framing, lighting, backdrop) to pull it out.

btw--you should also apply some unsharp mask after resizing or result will look soft.

vuk.

p.s. i hope you're all out shooting this weekend. i went out this afternoon and ended up with some pretty decent shots and one outstanding one, but nothing quite adequate enough for our theme. will be exploring some crazy concepts in the studio tomorrow.

p.p.s. i also picked up a very small SD card reader that's simply plug-in a stick. much better than the awful/clumsy looking device with USB cord i had before which would topple off the desk all the time.

cheers,
vuk.

p.p.s. i also picked up a very small SD card reader that's simply plug-in a stick
I recently did the same for my wife for use at school. I then had to buy 5 more for her colleagues who were so impressed with them.

link?

ps... is anyone else getting ads for salmon fish recipes and aquarium fish sales?

Anything for a laugh! ;)

firewood2.jpg

Do you have web space Taff? If not you need to sign up to a site where you can upload your pictures to. Then you link to the picture from your post.

I use my Tiscali web space but a Google should find you some of the free image hosting services like

http://imageshack.us/

2082769262_937fd0b68c_o.jpg

Simple.

(shadow on living room wall, straight out of camera, no post processing at all)

Tony.

So lets get this clear, the picture has to be something Vuk would stick on his wall and has to be may 550px in either dimension uncropped?

Seems to rather contradict the idea of simple if you ask me.

Is that right?

leaf800.jpg

My pic has indicated I've got some crud on the sensor or something - the darker line / smudge about 2/3rds down light area shouldn't be there - I've just done some other tests and it's certainly a camera problem. Annoying, will require returning to Ricoh to remove / fix. I guess it's an excuse to send it back for a service just before the warranty expires in a year's time.

Tony.

advertisement

Back