advertisement

Phonography

52214633426_82f5ba89ea_b.jpg

I’m very fond of our village’s tiny chapel and surrounding graveyard. Probably too much time spent in the company of Great-Uncle Vlad from the Transylvanian branch of the clan when I was a nipper. It’s at the junction of two footpaths across the fields, so I pass quite often. It is interesting to see the surnames of folk whose descendants still live close by, but rather more chastening to see the names of others who used to greet me in the pub 30 years ago. Anyway, I think it is at its most atmospheric this time of year when the grass and weeds are allowed to grow between the older stones. Yesterday’s glowering skies helped as well.

52238949042_2a53ba96cf_b.jpg

52239936748_b92d8fb0cd_b.jpg

Last edited:
I’m very fond of our village’s tiny chapel and surrounding graveyard. Probably too much time spent in the company of Great-Uncle Vlad from the Transylvanian branch of the clan when I was a nipper. It’s at the junction of two footpaths across the fields, so I pass quite often. It is interesting to see the surnames of folk whose descendants still live close by, but rather more chastening to see the names of others who used to greet me in the pub 30 years ago. Anyway, I think it is at its most atmospheric this time of year when the grass and weeds are allowed to grow between the older stones. Yesterday’s glowering skies helped as well.

52238949042_2a53ba96cf_b.jpg

52239936748_b92d8fb0cd_b.jpg
The first picture reminded me of one I took in the late '70s in mid-Wales (no family connection AFAIK):

2789061123-ddfb3bd6a7-c.jpg

advertisement

Back