advertisement

Phono Card MB

Stupid question but are these boards and the corresponding phono cards in built form or will they need built by the purchaser?

I think Neil can supply the 323 Cards ready built , but the motherboard part is Diy has far has i know. If you get stuck drop me a line.

Keith

Stupid question but are these boards and the corresponding phono cards in built form or will they need built by the purchaser?

These are bare boards, if desired with pins/connectors and/ Wima signal coupling caps. there will also be a BOM with an easy order placement a Mouser.com.

One of the benefits of moving more slowly than expected...TE approved my sample request and have already shipped. They didn't even ask me to pay the shipping - so pins are free for anyone on the list at this point.

Paid as well.

Thanks for all this neil. Be nice to have a quality phono pre amp. Just need to build a deck :) I am all digital with no pre amp. Do you think using a passive attenuator with these boards into my hacker nap would work? Not quite sure how to go about calculating loading for the attenuator. Anyone?

Stefan

Do you think using a passive attenuator with these boards into my hacker nap would work?
It would work but passive preamps are not my cup of tea. I'd go for a B4 preamp with simple switching and a good quality volume pot - oh, I already have!.

This maybe slightly OT, however in the BOM in post 1 it shows different calculations for different voltages but what is the best voltage to run locally regulated 322/323 cards? I seem to remember someone mention you could/should reduce the voltage (i.e. lower than 24v) on locally regulated 322/323 cards or is this one of those ‘personal preference’ things.

This maybe slightly OT, however in the BOM in post 1 it shows different calculations for different voltages but what is the best voltage to run locally regulated 322/323 cards? I seem to remember someone mention you could/should reduce the voltage (i.e. lower than 24v) on locally regulated 322/323 cards or is this one of those ‘personal preference’ things.

I think that open to experimentation. Neil McBride comments that the circuits are quite happy at the full 24v of the standard rail after removing the zener regulation.

I'm abut to build a prototype this weekend and will use trimpots to adjust voltage. plan to have a little fun adjusting them on the fly.

I think that open to experimentation. Neil McBride comments that the circuits are quite happy at the full 24v of the standard rail after removing the zener regulation.

I'm abut to build a prototype this weekend and will use trimpots to adjust voltage. plan to have a little fun adjusting them on the fly.

Cool, are you going to try running them above 24v as well? Would be interested in your findings.

Cool, are you going to try running them above 24v as well? Would be interested in your findings.

I fully expect the 322 cards to be happy at higher voltage. But it may be necessary to run the 323 front end transistor ladder a little lower to minimise noise. But time will tell.

advertisement

Back