advertisement

PFM's Picture a Week 2024

IMG-0328.jpg
Barcelona earlier today

Yesterday was a good day :) Nipped down to Cambridge yesterday to visit my mum who's in Royal Papworth hospital for some checks so driving along Huntingdon Road took a detour into Haywards Motorcycles for a browse at the Royal Enfields.

It's been 8 years since I last owned a bike (my trusty Honda Blackbird) so the RE's are a very different beast. Hadn't intended to, but took 3 of the new 350's out for a test ride. 20.5 bhp isn't going to put up much of a fight against a match-fit rice pudding skin but these bikes are utterly charming. Took them along some familiar lanes around the villages north of the city and had a ball. Keep them at 50-60 mph and don't slow down (they handle very sweetly thanks to their chassis being designed by Harris Performance in the UK). Couldn't stop smiling. :)

After 35 years of biking, the itch has never truly gone away and yesterday was the proof. You know, I think I might just order one.

Hunter 350 - designed for a younger market, or for those who want a commuter bike with great handling and some real character.

After the ride by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

350 Bullet:

Bullet by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Bullet front by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

350 Classic and friends...

Three 350s by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

advertisement

Back