pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
52772437719_b7d30a0ecd_b.jpg

52770873289_0f42ee61c9_b.jpg

back in the files - 25 years ago
Cliff Burrows, 1998

Cliff Burrows by Pete, on Flickr

Cliff was the MD of habitat at the time, this was taken in the TCR store where I worked at the time. I did a series of portraits of the Senior management team for them ( can't remember if I charged a proper day rate and can't rememember everyone's names).
He ended up being President of Starbucks for the US & Americas

I have a great fondness for European cities, and on the recommendation of a well-travelled friend, we took a trip to Lisbon this week. It has often been on my 'must visit' radar but we finally took a few days to enjoy this wonderful city. A friendly, quite laid-back vibe to the place, and good value too. Oh...and the GRIII was in its absolute element.

Cable cars by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Lisbon street life by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
I have a great fondness for European cities, and on the recommendation of a well-travelled friend, we took a trip to Lisbon this week. It has often been on my 'must visit' radar but we finally took a few days to enjoy this wonderful city. A friendly, quite laid-back vibe to the place, and good value too. Oh...and the GRIII was in its absolute element.

Cable cars by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Lisbon street life by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Hi Richard,

I’ve really enjoyed your recent GRiii pics, and they’ve certainly pushed me towards taking the plunge and buying one !
Looking forward to experimenting, but could I ask, do you use the JPEGs out of it ? And if so do you have a preference for any of the built in film sims - colour and BW

Plenty of internet chat, but I’d appreciate any thoughts….And apologies to all for the thread derail !

Steve

Hi Richard,

I’ve really enjoyed your recent GRiii pics, and they’ve certainly pushed me towards taking the plunge and buying one !
Looking forward to experimenting, but could I ask, do you use the JPEGs out of it ? And if so do you have a preference for any of the built in film sims - colour and BW

Plenty of internet chat, but I’d appreciate any thoughts….And apologies to all for the thread derail !

Steve

Thanks Steve - the tiny GR is quite a tool and rarely ceases to surprise me at how capable it is. You're right, would be worth another thread away from PAW I think. :)

Messing around with the 24-70 f4's Macro thingy - as a walk-around 'every day' lens I'm not finding it particularly special (its build quality is not on the same planet as the 70-200 2.8L) but the macro function is rather clever, and very useful...

Blooming close by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Canon EOS 6D/EF 24-70 f4L

LzHAur.jpg

KPdCeO.jpg

8WjcLa.jpg

9KC5lj.jpg

IWJw3b.jpg

634R7B.jpg

oxkMaf.jpg

SgRFIS.jpg

MSSYkR.jpg

HulD92.jpg

The fruits of a post-wine tasting wander through the City on Wednesday afternoon. It was rather dull weather, but maybe that worked for the photos as it didn't overchallenge the dynamic range of the tiny sensor. I never cease to be amazed at what these little things and the tech inside them can do - the lenses are barely larger than a pinhead.

Huawei P20 with monochrome (Leica) sensor, processed out in PS and grunged up a bit in Nik ColorEfex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back