advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That definitely has the Leica look, but I never can define what that really means. I recognise it but can’t put it into facts. What do you think?

That definitely has the Leica look, but I never can define what that really means. I recognise it but can’t put it into facts. What do you think?

Good question, John. From doing some reading up, it would appear - amongst certain circles - the 'Leica look' has been diluted somewhat in recent years. This has been put down to the glass itself giving a more modern look, and there are those who say the last Leica M's to display that certain 'something' were the M8 and M9 with their CCD's. Then, there are those who feel that little or nothing's been lost.

For me, the Voigtlander lenses (ie the Classic/Vintage models being made currently) have a very pleasant glow, and equally pleasant fall-off - a look reminiscent of earlier times perhaps. I went for the Nokton 35 in Multi-coat which is a gorgeous little thing, also available in single coat which is lower contrast but more prone to flare.

PC blown up by the lightning, and the back up hard drive too.
I've migrated to a Macbook.
Bought full Capture One over the weekend (was already running a free version), and already had Gimp, but not a clue how to use it. Between the two of them I'm getting somewhere near what Photoshop could do.
The Mac I hate heartily - anything which would be plug and play in windows seems to either out and out not work - like my printer - or require such cosseting, obeisances and work arounds that I feel demeaned and slighted. How the hell these things have a following or indeed anything like a market share beats me.
Capture One I like very much. Gimp, after a mornings wrestling with and watching youtube videos on how to use it, I'm giving a Trabant against Photoshop's Cadilac.
The Mac does display on my new second hand monitor very beautifully though and thats the sole reason it's still here.
Anyway, first from the new setup.

Ruin With A View 3
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Jersey lilies:

50228536477_4f9fe1c963_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back