advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks interesting, where is it?

It looks like you’re having fun with the new camera.

Hi Steve - this is at Trentham Gardens. We spent the weekend in Derbyshire so (as Mrs G's originally from Stoke) paid this place a visit. Stunning gardens, and with some really interesting old buildings which will hopefully be restored.

Yes, very much enjoying the Leica. Slowly 'getting' rangefinder focusing, but most of all loving the feel of the camera generally. B&W jpegs are just a dream. :)

Hi Steve - this is at Trentham Gardens. We spent the weekend in Derbyshire so (as Mrs G's originally from Stoke) paid this place a visit. Stunning gardens, and with some really interesting old buildings which will hopefully be restored.

Yes, very much enjoying the Leica. Slowly 'getting' rangefinder focusing, but most of all loving the feel of the camera generally. B&W jpegs are just a dream. :)

Thanks. Trentham Gardens used to be advertised on TV when I was a nipper with the tag line “In-between Leek and Uttoxeter”. Alton Towers used to get a mention too, though that was way before it became a big theme park.

I have to admit I’ve never shot in camera B&W JPEGs. I always shoot RAW and then use Alien Skin Exposure to do the conversion.

Phew, it's a scorcher:

50215242778_015b84ced8_b.jpg

True enough, John - after not using it for ages, I've fallen in love with my D700 (again). The gorgeous colours, the B&W jpegs, the ease of working with RAW files which are only 20MB tops

I agree...all those Nikon sensors, up to and including the 750, had a wonderful combo of colour rendition, dynamic range and 'sufficient' detail. Great image makers. It's why I'm keeping the D610 and just 2 primes, because there is just something about what it does I haven't found since. Especially indoors...this is from a gallery opening I was asked to document...it's not great Art as such but the light colour and all are just right IMO. D610 with 50mm f1.8 g.
30 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back