advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say, jokingly, that this is almost too sharp, but actually it quite seriously is. The cathedral is much 'softer' than this. I don't think that it is oversharpening at all. Is it the lens/camera, or processing?

You've made a valid point here - I think it could be down to Flickr as I've just checked the file in LR6 and whilst crisp, it's not 'crackly-sharp' as it appears on the webpage. Also looks to be some artefacts in the sky which have appeared on Flickr. Since getting the A7RII I have had to re-examine sharpening somewhat as it's so ruthless with detail - in other words it hardly needs any at all, if the shot is taken in ideal conditions (ie light, and lens-wise).

Pete - that's excellent! Really liking these puddle double exposures.

Here's one from earlier today: I'm definitely not a wildlife photographer (there are others far more accomplished than I on this forum at that!) but here's one that I didn't instantly delete :)

Three by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony A7rII / 70-200mm f4

Lefty

That's a lovely picture, good luck in Outdoor Photographer of the Year competition :)

I went out yesterday arvo to shoot wobbly planes landing into a stiff northerly of 40-odd knots. I chose a different vantage point, that showed me there were heaps of surfers near the airport. I relocated and spent a good 35 minutes cheating the cold wind and harsh summer sun, shooting surfers pushed by a strong southerly swell into a strong northerly (offshore) wind. this is my fave image from the set:

46887627511_03d6616608_b.jpg

teleporting out of the wave. Nikon D3, AF-I Nikkor 300mm f/2.8D. 1/4000 sec, f4, ISO200.
stored on Flickr, all rights reserved.

It's a lovely little lens isn't it? Must admit to being quite tempted by the 24mm version....

Lefty

Absolutely - I do heard/read good things about the 24. I'm delighted with the 35 without a doubt, so small and light (and cheap!) yet it seems well up to doing that R2 sensor justice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back