1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Discussion in 'photo' started by Gromit, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

I noticed that when it uploaded to Flickr, it wasn't as clean as it is on my monitor, light halo and sharpening issues, when posted to the forums IMO its even worse!!! It will be fine when printed!!

2. chipbutty

chipbutty Mirrorless Manoeuvres

Why does it look fine at my end? I don't see any haloing or over sharpening :confused:

3. Mr Perceptive

As The Who said 'Can't explain', the original is fine on my calibrated monitor, but when uploaded to flickr the halo is noticable on both an uncalibrated monitor and the calibrated one (in both IE and Chrome) and its also there on my iPad (Safari), and in the Flickr app on my iPhone.

I was in two minds after I uploaded it, as I did notice it straight away in flickr, and if I saw it then @eternumviti definitely would as he has (rightly) pulled me up on it in the past, his eyes are obviously attuned to this type of defect. Previously my aggressive processing was definitely to blame!!

I'm not going to re-edit just for web use, as I'm very happy with it in LR, and when I have four suitable images from Cwmorthin then it will make another nice block print.

Anyway another one from the day....

[​IMG]
    Cwmorthin Reflection
    by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Tigerjones, ff1d1l, TimF and 3 others like this.
  4. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

Are you using any output sharpening on export from Lightroom?

Lefty

5. Mr Perceptive

Nope!

6. Lefty

In that case it sounds like it might be an artifact of Flickr's resizing algorithm. It has done funny things to my images in the past!

Lefty

7. stevied

stevied über wagonista

Found this metal soldier at RHS Rosemoor last Saturday evening - full metal jacket?
    [​IMG]

joel likes this.
  8. ljcarr

ljcarr i have no idea what im talking about

Hifi brings me here, but saw the photo section and thought I’d get involved, It does seem more image focused!

Mr Perceptive likes this.
  9. chipbutty

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  10. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

It is indeed. I live in Balerno so sometimes venture up there for a bit of fresh air on the way back from meetings or when I'm playing about with the various lenses.

Here's another shot of the same car, in the same location, but at a different time and with a different wide angle lens (Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35mm F2.8 which is the big brother of the Tokina 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 I used last time) this time:
    [​IMG]

11. Lefty

Love this Rob! I'm sure it would look great printed too :)

Lefty

12. chipbutty

Thanks Amar. One day I should really look at getting some photos printed. I'm sure I said the same thing on here several years ago!

13. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

Willow at Tegg's Nose, Macclesfield
    [​IMG]

chipbutty and eternumviti like this.
  14. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

15. Lefty

You definitely should! Nothing like seeing your own image in print :)

Lefty

chipbutty likes this.
  16. Mr Perceptive

Thanks!!

17. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

18. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

In this weather?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tigerjones and stevied like this.
  19. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

20. user510

user510 pfm Member

[​IMG]
    High water on the Willapa R. at Raymond, Wa.
    More high water shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Steve

mentalp and TimF like this.