advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the frame can transform an image. We have a painting which was a wedding gift. It is a beach scene which obviously has a lot of blue in the scene. When we received it the frame was light blue and we hung it in a spare room. We reframed it in brown frame with a gold inner trim. The brown frame picks up on seaweed lying on beach in the foreground. The picture now has pride of place in our living room.

For special images it may be worth finding a good framer who has a large selection of frames and a good eye. My wife bought me a special print for my birthday. We spent half an hour choosing a frame. The final frame was nothing like the colour we first thought of.

Glenfinnan, Monument & Viaduct:

24220155478_6f255949f1_b.jpg

37363400064_d8870e4874_b.jpg

Thanks for the v kind comments - it's really appreciated. Been using the Pen F's hi-res function quite a bit recently, ok not all the shots work (the camera has to be kept extremely still) but when they do, it's incredible how much detail is available. Reckon on a 2-out-of-3 success rate which is acceptable considering it's a slow, planned process. Only downside is the size of the RAW files - around 150MB - so I tend to just utilise the jpegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back