advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2010 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
4270136612_a78aeacb68.jpg

Cheers, yeah I'll sort it out this evening, but does depend on your desktop size as I may need to re-scan the neg

Thanks, the photographers on here be it digital or film are quite inspirational!

Oh yeah' my Bronica was fixed for the price of a 10 minute phone call :)

Well Patrick, as it turned out, I phoned the first company which was suggested on my flickr page, and to be honest, they weren’t all that enthusiastic about repairing it. Nightmare camera was mentioned. They told me to buy a Bronica EC instead.

However, the guy on the phone went and got a colleague, this chap then described what he would do first if I took it to them. They had an old Bronica of similar vintage on the shelf; he then talked me through the following process.

Take the lens off and remove the focusing helicoid, which was extremely stiff. Now remove the black base plate by removing two extremely small screws, these really needed an offset screw driver, and as such, was an absolute swine using my watchmakers drivers, once this plate was off, it revealed some rollers and black cloth.

Still following instructions, I placed the camera lens opening down on a soft towel, and using the heel of my hand, gave the camera a wallop on its tripod socket, followed by a vigorous shake, and voila’ one little screw fell out!
The screw is from a metal shim to do with the focusing screen, and is now in a plastic bag. As for the vignette, he thinks this was a just a glitch possibly due to the extreme cold and design of this camera.

20 minutes later I’m that happy, I’m on the phone thanking him.

Paulicus.
That is indeed a very nice pic-cher!

Mull

P.S. If I ever finish my epic bathroom refurb.. I may post a pic myself. It'll probably be of a bath.......

Matt, pondering the benefits of the Nikon D3S over his D80 ;-)

Wait a second - I thought you got rid of your D3S for a D700... You've got another one? Or was that the M9, no, wait, i don't think I can cope with your camera habit ;-)

Cesare

Well, first roll through E6 was a success. I've a feeling this is going to be much more pleasant than my C41 experience since there is a chance I can look at a neg and decide whether it's any good, rather than just thinking it looks orange.

4295047176_71d7d74672_o.jpg

Cesare

Wait a second - I thought you got rid of your D3S for a D700... You've got another one? Or was that the M9, no, wait, i don't think I can cope with your camera habit ;-)

Cesare

The current nikon stock is: d700, d3s, fm3a

I have been neglecting my film cameras for a few months now (not particularly great in the rain and snow), so I'll have to stick some E6 through the fm3a soon.

The current nikon stock is: d700, d3s, fm3a

I have been neglecting my film cameras for a few months now (not particularly great in the rain and snow), so I'll have to stick some E6 through the fm3a soon.

Ah, so the D3 turned into a D700 to give you a compact and a super-chunky full frame digital. Makes sense.

Cesare

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back