advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2009 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd have been as happy with a Rollei, Bronica or Mamiya, but the Blad was the first affordable MF camera that had turned up.

Joe

So much for 'new' camera envy - mine involves a beercan and a pinhole. Expect a nasty pic of Bath Assembly Rooms somewhere around November... [/size]

3675490017_55e501037a.jpg

3675466513_42065c93b9.jpg

I think I'd have been as happy with a Rollei, Bronica or Mamiya, but the Blad was the first affordable MF camera that had turned up.

Joe

You don't get the secret Hasselblad users handshake with those other cameras. Gets you discounts on plumbing and a vibrating leather chair at work and that kind of thing.

Nice capture. BTW do you 'duotone' some of your scans? I've wondered this before but never got round to asking.

I scan B&W negs as colour scans. Keep them in RGB throughout and do a bit of toning with a colour adjustment layer. I preferred to print in the past on warm tone paper and often selenium toned prints - trying to replicate the effect to some extent.

I scan B&W negs as colour scans. Keep them in RGB throughout and do a bit of toning with a colour adjustment layer. I preferred to print in the past on warm tone paper and often selenium toned prints - trying to replicate the effect to some extent.

Thought it was something like that. I've recently started doing something similar - sort of just enough that you can't quite decide if it's there or not without putting it next to an untoned original.

I see your Alfa, Pete, and raise you two more..

Carabo
3690758087_67f08d1eeb.jpg

Waiting
3690743041_00b5cce33a.jpg

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009

Grand day out, wasn't it M :)

Pete - yup, saw an 8C spider. Didn't manage to snap it unfortunately.

Thanks chaps.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back