advertisement

PFM members are a bunch of w@nkers.

Amen (look up the meaning if unsure).

Not what I expected from the thread title, although the mahoosive predominance of totally blind, unthinking left politics spoils things here, IMO.

(I have never voted, for anyone's information, as, when viewed from afar, they are all as bad as one another, differences are subtle, which is most probably a very good thing. I am well over 60. That said, I will stick with Winnie - (paraphrased) "demcocracy is a dreadful system, but......................" )

The AUP isn’t a stupidity or arrogance filter. Lots of crap is posted here, and one need not look too far above for a good example.

Only used the ignore button once for a nasty w@nker who posted some ugly anti-Semitic garbage. Fortunately, he’s no longer a member.

I no longer use the ignore button only because I find it just as easy to quickly scroll past offensive posts and posters.

Amen (look up the meaning if unsure).

Not what I expected from the thread title, although the mahoosive predominance of totally blind, unthinking left politics spoils things here, IMO.

(I have never voted, for anyone's information, as, when viewed from afar, they are all as bad as one another, differences are subtle, which is most probably a very good thing. I am well over 60. That said, I will stick with Winnie - (paraphrased) "demcocracy is a dreadful system, but still no better than it was when Churchill said it")
FIFY

Our democracy was a little more that a few years old when he said it and is now ten times older than it was then (@KrisW please check the maths!). I know it’s a dreadful unthinking left wing idea, but we might’ve expected some improvements in that time

I wish this were true, but I believe that infighting on the left is at, or close to, an all-time high.
If you mean on a political level then no, it isn’t infighting anymore, it is the right, and the Labour Party are still bringing the dead horse out for another kicking.

Also, our Brexit has created pushed debate to two extremes with very little ground in between.

@ks.234 - you did ask :p

Churchill said that in November 1947, a year before the Representation of the People Act 1948 removed plural voting from elections in Great Britain, and 21 years before Northern Ireland got around to doing the same: prior to this, certain citizens could get additional votes in other constituencies simply by being a university graduate, or also (in the case of Northern Ireland) by being the owner of a limited company or a large commercial property.

So, as far as I can tell, the UK’s current democracy is 54 years old, as that was when the voting age was lowered to 18 (from 21), or 55 years old, as that was when one-person-one-vote was first enforced, or 95 years old, as 1928 was when women were first allowed to vote, or 105 years old as 1918 was when “poor” people were first allowed to vote. Although the UK in its current form is itself only 101 years old, so maybe that’s the answer..?

@ks.234 - you did ask :p

Churchill said that in November 1947, a year before the Representation of the People Act 1948 removed plural voting from elections in Great Britain, and 21 years before Northern Ireland got around to doing the same: prior to this, certain citizens could get additional votes in other constituencies simply by being a university graduate, or also (in the case of Northern Ireland) by being the owner of a limited company or a large commercial property.

So, as far as I can tell, the UK’s current democracy is 54 years old, as that was when the voting age was lowered to 18 (from 21), or 55 years old, as that was when one-person-one-vote was first enforced, or 95 years old, as 1928 was when women were first allowed to vote, or 105 years old as 1918 was when “poor” people were first allowed to vote. Although the UK in its current form is itself only 101 years old, so maybe that’s the answer..?
Brilliant!

If you mean on a political level then no, it isn’t infighting anymore, it is the right, and the Labour Party are still bringing the dead horse out for another kicking.

Also, our Brexit has created pushed debate to two extremes with very little ground in between.

I was referring to class versus identity politics in general, and not specifically to the UK’s situation.

Kinda linked to the ingore function.

What's the business with people "hiding" their profile to other PFM members*? Are they trying to hide something? I just don't get that at all.

Asking simply, because the only person on my ignore list also hides their profile...

*I've been itching to ask that question in aggggges...

Kinda linked to the ingore function.

What's the business with people "hiding" their profile to other PFM members*? Are they trying to hide something? I just don't get that at all.

Asking simply, because the only person on my ignore list also hides their profile...

*I've been itching to ask that question in aggggges...
Yes, I’ve wondered this too. If there are things you don’t want to share, don’t put them in your profile.

I always check the profile of a seller/buyer in the classifieds, to see if they are close enough for collect/delivery. A hidden profile is very offputting.

Yes, I’ve wondered this too. If there are things you don’t want to share, don’t put them in your profile.

I always check the profile of a seller/buyer in the classifieds, to see if they are close enough for collect/delivery. A hidden profile is very offputting.

Maybe their hidden profile says they're a w@nker, and they're afraid of oversharing.

Same here - I wouldn't buy from/sell to anyone who hid their profile.

advertisement

Back