advertisement

PFM members are a bunch of w@nkers.

Sloop John B

And any old music will do…
Click bait I know but I thought an “in praise of PFM” thread night sink without trace.

It struck me on the regal oath thread how wonderful it is to be a member of a community where 2 moderators couldn’t have more different views.

How wonderful it is to have people who vote Tory amongst the predominant anti-Tory sentiment. How one can disagree with someone on politics but like their musical choice or restaurant or beer recommendation. So unlike all the other social media where it’s just an echo chamber.

How we have people who love Naim and hate Naim with equal but opposite energies.

How we have people who think Brexit is a wonderful idea.

people who think cables make no difference / a huge difference and strangely this does not correspond to whether one voted leave or remain.

Long may the diversity continue.

.sjb

I have to admit to having very little tolerance for a few members who the thread title may be an apt description of, however the ignore function is great for the few who I find obnoxious (not for views particularly but they way they express them) although it can make a few threads unintelligible until one hits the “show ignore threads” option and then my prejudices are usually further confirmed.

In my motorcycling days, I used to attend rallies where you could not find a more diverse crowd of people congregating peacefully and having fun. I have never seen a fight break out in any of the dozens of rallies I attended. I don't think you could put a similar number of football fans/supporters from different clubs in the same place and not see fisticuffs within an hour.

I liken PFM to a big bunch of rally attending motorcyclists.

Click bait I know but I thought an “in praise of PFM” thread night sink without trace.

It struck me on the regal oath thread how wonderful it is to be a member of a community where 2 moderators couldn’t have more different views.

How wonderful it is to have people who vote Tory amongst the predominant anti-Tory sentiment. How one can disagree with someone on politics but like their musical choice or restaurant or beer recommendation. So unlike all the other social media where it’s just an echo chamber.

How we have people who love Naim and hate Naim with equal but opposite energies.

How we have people who think Brexit is a wonderful idea.

people who think cables make no difference / a huge difference and strangely this does not correspond to whether one voted leave or remain.

Long may the diversity continue.

.sjb

I have to admit to having very little tolerance for a few members who the thread title may be an apt description of, however the ignore function is great for the few who I find obnoxious (not for views particularly but they way they express them) although it can make a few threads unintelligible until one hits the “show ignore threads” option and then my prejudices are usually further confirmed.
Where is this “show ignore threads” option? Can’t see it!

Your thread title is perfect because w@nkers is the name Signora uses for the forum, as in ‘are you talking to the w@nkers again?’. She thinks that anyone who can spend her inheritance on something like two channel hifi must be one.
That said, she does appreciate the odd track I play.

I enjoy the variety of opinion and personalities on pfm : some I find likeable and amusing; some I agree with, some I don't; others can be irritating and annoying - but one thing I have never done is put anyone on ignore, as I really don't see the point.
the need to tell someone you are ignoring them is a puzzle. Surely, the very act of telling someone that you are ignoring them means that you aren’t?

In my motorcycling days, I used to attend rallies where you could not find a more diverse crowd of people congregating peacefully and having fun. I have never seen a fight break out in any of the dozens of rallies I attended. I don't think you could put a similar number of football fans/supporters from different clubs in the same place and not see fisticuffs within an hour.

I liken PFM to a big bunch of rally attending motorcyclists.

Or a Rugby match, where on field hostility never continues in the bar or car park afterwards.

Or a Rugby match, where on field hostility never continues in the bar or car park afterwards.
I remember the officer in charge of policing one Scotland match at Murrayfield expressing the hope that “any violence taking place would be confined to the pitch”.

Absolutely right. And then there's telling someone you're putting them on your "ignore list". Blimey, a whole effing list ?

Had a fair few of them ;)

Particular favourites are one who did a big 'ignore' flounce ... and then obviously forgot and liked a post of mine a couple of days later :D
And another chestnut from someone who said he was 'putting me back on his ignore list' - - f**cking hilarious!!
Bloke probably has an interactive spreadsheet to keep track.

Can't be bothered with that kind of daftness ...

You don't have to tell someone you have put them on ignore. I have a couple who were simply insulting for no reason. Better for my equinamity.

In some forums I’ve been on, it’s against the code of conduct to say you’re ignoring, or going to ignore, a specific member: it was considered the same as insulting the person directly.

advertisement

Back