advertisement

Peter Gabriel 1-4 half speed remaster available for pre order

Mine arrived late this afternoon. Despite several signs of damage on outer packaging, which thanks to Robert's alert I photographed before opening, the contents were undamaged. Bought all 4 and have an odd collection of serial numbers, no. 78 for 3 to no. 9232 for 2.

Haven't checked whether they are warped yet.

All 8 discs look straight (and several spun up to check look good), and 24 bit files downloaded.

Slight tear to the loose 2 lyric sheet so might ask for another.

Guess I got lucky!

:)

I think with hindsight that not all of my warped ones are as bad as I first thought, the majority are very slight but there nonetheless.

Not sure whether to go chasing on the slight ones after all now though Disc 1 on PG4 is a definite hump so that needs changing regardless.

Recieved all 4 today.

Just played all 4 and happy to report no warps and all are very quiet pressings.

They do sound fantastic.

Been out all day today and my daughter signed for them the box looks undamaged but too tired to piss about tonight but will check them tomorrow.

OK Couldnt go to sleep after all the horror stories so have had a quick check but not played yet although cant see any scratches etc.

Car = ok
Melt = ok
PG4 = ok
Scratch disc 1 is warped but should play fine
Scratch disc 2 is slightly warped but should play fine too.

So the Scratch album is by far the worst album so im relatively happy ;)

night night all :)

4 set arrived in the US via UPS Global undamaged despite the outer packaging being totally inadequate, I am surprised that the albums didn't slip out!

UPS over here is very dependable, shame that the UK outfit doesn't seem as reliable.

Mine were apparently delivered to 'mailbox' in my absence, but are nowhere to be seen / found. Really frustrating. In correspondence with UPS at the moment...

Not sure if it will help at all with the guys who are suffering delays/ missed drops/ damaged goods, but just to say that mine was delivered buy a plain "white van man" ie not visibly a UPS van or driver, so they must sub out delivery to local courier companies. Doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence.

Matt,

You could be right about subbbies - All i do know is that UPS are very hard to pin down !
The web site is not working to get alerts etc.....all in all an appalling company.

i have had two parcels lately and each has been a nightmare...why people use em i don't know ! firkin shite.

For what its worth to all you guys still waiting for the albums to arrive i can tell you its worth the wait ! Really well done excellent sound on nice 180gram vinyl.
only gripe i have is that it would have been nice for those that ordered all four albums would have been sent as a nice box set instead of all seperates.

Not sure what to say.

Better than I've heard it before, but so many things have changed since 1977.

Perhaps :) covers it.

...and I'm still waiting for mine. UPS delivered to a completely made-up address, bearing no relation to the address given in the order. Now chasing up with both Real World and UPS. Thoroughly annoying!

I have mine. The outer packaging was sagging and beaten to crappery, so it was with some trepidation that I opened it.

Astonishingly, the shrink-wrapped vinyl and loose lyric sheet look absolutely fine. I haven't had chance to open them up and play them yet though. That's a task for later.

My replacements have just come.
This time packed really well.
In the same box as before but thats been covered in loads of bubble wrap and tape and put into another box.:cool:
Now have to check they are flat.

advertisement

Back