advertisement

Peter Gabriel 1-4 half speed remaster available for pre order

Mein Deutsch Versionen kam gestern.

Stephen

41ydNc6MDuL.jpg

All four albums came 20mins ago.
Just opened them and put them all on the fruit box.
Both debut LPs are badly warped,Second both warped,Third both warped.
Fourth are the only almost flat ones.
You might want to get your kitchen scales out.
Really pissed off.:mad:

Grrrrr, has anyone else got squidged corners due to poor packaging?

My packaging box was dented on all corners but luckily all the records have survived intact. When the box arrived the wife had signed for them but when I came in & inspected it I saw not only was it opened on the top end but also the bottom end, amazed the contents never fell out.

Either UPS people have been snooping inside or the packaging is so poor that it has offered no protection & burst open during handling.

Best to go & check them all now, the warp reports are worrying.

Sadly 2 of mine are warped on both discs in the same set , 1 & 4 are the offenders.

Time to email Mr Gabriel & Co.

Sadly 2 of mine are warped on both discs in the same set , 1 & 4 are the offenders.

Time to email Mr Gabriel & Co.

Good luck with that. I returned an LP (at my own expense) which was grudgingly replaced with one just as bad. I just couldn't be bothered to go through it again.

Good luck with that. I returned an LP (at my own expense) which was grudgingly replaced with one just as bad. I just couldn't be bothered to go through it again.

Pre-empted any problems by just opening a Paypal dispute, if they try to fob me off I'll get Paypal to refund me.

I've still got the double Scratch my back Mov vinyl sitting here to go back to Real World.
They are really slow at answering emails and no bugger ever answers the phone.
These are all numbered and out of stock.
I hope they have kept a few for replacements?

Had a reply asking for a photo of the damage [edited out]

Checked again, and it's not just the corners, every one has a diagonal crease across the corner as well. Have sent the photo back to Real World shop.
I'm really not impressed with the quality of the packaging, this is the 1st I've received with such a poor bit of cardboard swapped around £70 of vinyl.

22006945828_9ff0b77ddc_c.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on this but i thought the original blurb on these was 200g vinyl?
It now says heavy weight vinyl.
All the LPs say 180g on the stickers and nothing about them being bent.

Had a reply asking for a photo of the damage but I think I might be being overly fussy. It's noticeable but not awful., and possibly once the cellophane is taken off they might straighten up ok.
Not thought about whether they are flat or not, assumed 180g/200g are less prone.
At £70 a pop you shouldn't be made to feel fussy.
It doesn't matter what the weight of new vinyl is meant to be.
Its the quality control people in pressing plants that fook it up.

thanks, reply back from real world "Thank you. We looking to get replacements out tomorrow or Monday
Best regards"
I assume they'll want this set of 4 back, so then they'll see what correct lp packaging can look like if done properly. Im fairly certain I can do a better job.

For people who have downloaded, especially regarding the 24/96 downloads, how long did it take for your email download link to arrive after registering your code ?

thanks, reply back from real world "Thank you. We looking to get replacements out tomorrow or Monday
Best regards"
I assume they'll want this set of 4 back, so then they'll see what correct lp packaging can look like if done properly. Im fairly certain I can do a better job.
They normally ask for them back,check them and then send out replacements.
You might get a collection sticker to print out or UPS might have one when they deliver replacements and pick up the faulty albums?

Just had " Closer " delivered from Amazon in bullet proof packaging & that was only £10, not £70 !

advertisement

Back