advertisement

Pet peeves in films/tv

If you are talking about the Dukes of Hazzard, "amount" appears to be correct.
7f01b4c66a1572ad6292cabbfc0f7f98.jpg
That rather tells the tale of the Dodge Challenge r talked about on You Tube "that featured in DoH" and rescued at vast expense from shed in Virginia. I'm surprised that they only got hold of one and not half a dozen in various wrecked states. It must reflect the fact that back at the time of filming they were just 15 year old rats and when another one got wrecked they would just salvage the remaining bits that were worth anything for spares and weigh the rest in the way that you would today with a 2009 BMW 3 series coupé.

That rather tells the tale of the Dodge Challenge r talked about on You Tube "that featured in DoH" and rescued at vast expense from shed in Virginia. I'm surprised that they only got hold of one and not half a dozen in various wrecked states. It must reflect the fact that back at the time of filming they were just 15 year old rats and when another one got wrecked they would just salvage the remaining bits that were worth anything for spares and weigh the rest in the way that you would today with a 2009 BMW 3 series coupé.
bmw-m3-general-lee-610x343.jpg

Empty cups/mugs/takeaway drink containers.

when someone lifts a drink to their lips and the cup/container is obviously empty.

Annoys the hell out of me.

Empty cups/mugs/takeaway drink containers.

when someone lifts a drink to their lips and the cup/container is obviously empty.

Annoys the hell out of me.
Suitcases are the same, when we go on holiday it's a struggle to lift them into the boot, on TV they just casually lift them up.

Cheers BB

Pencil thin torch beams instead of turning on the fekkin lights.

Characters with supposedly super intelligence/powers being mainly dumb/vincible to allow jeopardy until - they win.

An example I recall as especially risible was Clint Eastwood in Firefox. Frantically flying to escape a Russian fighter ace - until he remembers the rearward facing rockets, presumably designed for just this eventuality.

advertisement

Back