advertisement

Pere Ubu vinyl

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Spotted some Ubu resissues on Get Back - available in coloured vinyl from Diverse. Anyone got any experience of these? Sound quality etc? Been searching for originals of Modern Dance and Dub Housing at sensible prices for too long!

Cheers

Rich

Mike

I'm in Hull. If you could check out the condition that would be great!

Cheers

Rich

If Mike's lead doesn't lead anywhere I'd buy the reissues anyway (including the Terminal Tower comp, it has the early singles which are just amazing). All three of these records are so great not owning them at all is a bigger mistake than owning a dodgy pressing IMO. (Having said that, I have no idea what these pressings are like, but they have to be worth a punt at 11 quid each for three of the finest records known to humanity.)

-- Ian

Thanks Mike - have ordered Terminal Tower anyway in the interim to appease sideshowbob ;-)

Cheers

Rich

Excellent. I predict you'll fall in love with it immediately, even if it turns out to be a shite pressing ;-)

-- Ian

The only Pere Ubu album I own is 390 Degrees Of Simulated Stereo which is comp of various dodgy live recordings - and that is brilliant. God knows why I have been so slack in this area - one of my mates lent me Modern Dance years ago and I loved it but have never hot round to buying it or anything lese by them.

Soon be rectified!

Rich

Glorious as the early albums are, the late 80s/early 90s albums on Fontana (Cloudland and Worlds In Collision) are surprisingly good, if noticeably more commercial. Cloudland in particular could have seen them launch a Top Of The Pops career :)

Grimble said:
Glorious as the early albums are, the late 80s/early 90s albums on Fontana (Cloudland and Worlds In Collision) are surprisingly good, if noticeably more commercial. Cloudland in particular could have seen them launch a Top Of The Pops career :)

That's because Pere Ubu have never made a bad record, from 1975 to the present day. Apart from Song Of The Bailing Man, anyway.

-- Ian

Cool - I'm doing the Hanway Street/Berwick Street run tomorrow night plus a Spitalfields market on Weds (if the vinyl is on this week) so may well pick up some more Ubu-ness - from any era!

Cheers

Rich

Didn't The Runaways do a cover version of Non-Alignment Pact?

The early PU records are all essential. I have some of the originals on 7".

Try and get the 'Datapanik in the Year Zero' 12" and 7" - They are super fun.

DS

ITIR - Trentemoller - Beta Boy

i picked up cloudland saturday evening on the way home. only had time to listen to thefirst side before swmbo arrived home. pretty good though.

advertisement

Back