advertisement

Paul Weller

Not sure what you mean @Vinny out where? I do realise there's nothing 'new' and I never said that's what I was searching for but there's definitely a lack of fresh sounding new music being released, still plenty of new albums and some good ones thankfully.

I was watching some Jam shows on utube the other night. I was slightly pissed and a little nostalgic . I used to go and see them when I was kid. My main take away was it was easy to see why weller binned them, especially the drummer .

He’s definitely a talented artist, I think he’s been very good throughout all of his career.

Pretty much liked all of his stuff. Loved The Style Council at the time, really liked his solo career too, Stanley Road being played to death. Did have a spell listening to his Soul album, remember that being pretty decent. At the moment I think his current single doing the rounds on Radio 2 is very good too.

So yes, he’s been a good ‘en.

I think he gets a harder time from the music media than he deserves, doesn’t always play the game with them & has bee rather surly in the past.

I was watching some Jam shows on utube the other night. I was slightly pissed and a little nostalgic . I used to go and see them when I was kid. My main take away was it was easy to see why weller binned them, especially the drummer .
Bruce Foxton is an amazing and much underated bassist.

I have just been looking some LPs on the Discog ap, to get an idea of value (other half wants to know for some reason).

Paul Weller - ‘Days of speed’ - gulp!

He's very patchy for me, I like little bits and bobs but I wouldn't say I was a massive fan. I can understand why he has a very loyal fan base though.

The Jam were great of course, the Style Council okay and his solo career pretty much pants the whole way.

forget the Style Council, Jam only for me, but slogan political pop is of no interest to the young 'uns

Being playing his latest album over the last few days and I really rate it. It has a similar vibe to Wild Wood.

advertisement

Back