advertisement

Paul Messenger RIP

Paul, was a good lad, I loved is writings.
Met him a few times and he was always pleasant and kind, Our thoughts go to his family, RIP Paul.

That's really sad. Many of the esteemed journalists of my younger years seem to be passing on. RIP Paul.

I didn’t know Paul well, met him plenty of times, but one occasion stands out.
Stopped for a chat in a corridor at Munich, and he told me to go in the room that I think had Westinghouse?, speakers. I did. Faced by a pair of double wardrobes with horns, playing through a little valve amp, I was transported back to my angst ridden early teenage years, Brenda Lee, singing all alone am I. Blew me away, thank you.

Paul will always be remembered as a kind gentleman who was from an era where there was so much passion for the hobby, I remember him always appreciating the works of be yammamura and the likes Paul had real appreciation for horns and low powered set amps I still remember his interest in the voight domestic corner horns and encouraged me to get a pair for my collection at the time. While we may take all around us very seriously the reality is that the body is temporary ancient scriptures tell us when we're looking into a mirror, we're not seeing the real person. We're only seeing the exterior covering. The real person is sitting within the body for a limited period. All we can do is use this precious time we have been wisely and do are best to be kind to all around us, not so easy at times but with practice can be achecived. I will miss seeing and bumping into Paul at all the hifi shows which I did so for decades I often reflect once in this hobby there is no way of getting out and for most of us will grow old in it as this our true passion, as the reality is alot comes from the power of sound vibration that touches us all so deeply audiophiles are special in there own right as they are searching for a deeper connection that comes through the power of sound.

advertisement

Back