advertisement

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MY DEALER AND ATC

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM ATC AMD MY DEALER
I recently bought some SCM20s in pippy oak which sound amazing.
However, I noticed a minor cabinet blemish after a few weeks and contacted the dealer HiFi Sounds in Stockton on Tees and emailed them some photos which were then sent on to ATC.
The speakers were replaced with no questions asked and I offered to drive the original speakers up to Stroud to swap them over.
I was treated to a two hour tour of the factory by the chief engineer Rich Newman (organised by Diane) which absolutely fascinating and really brought home to me how special this company is.
The commitment to quality and innovation is so readily apparent on visiting the factory.
This is customer service of the highest level and I am very grateful indeed to be the recipent of a beautiful new pair of speakers and having the opportunity to see where and how they are made.
Thanks so much Richard, Diane at ATC and Barry at HiFi Sounds

Last edited:
I'm sure things have changed since my factory visit, just 26/27 years ago as a dealer.
The fact that we never once needed customer service from ATC speaks volumes IMHO.
We never had a faulty or blemished product either.
Then to hear of this level of service can only underline a deep respect for company that has absolute and well deserved pride in its products.

Most excellent.

Glad to hear you had good service.

I live in Skipton and was unaware we had a hi-fi dealer. Would have visited them last year, when I replaced my system, had I known.

Tried Googling them but found nothing. Can you post a link please?

Jim

I live in Skipton and was unaware we had a hi-fi dealer. Would have visited them last year, when I replaced my system, had I known.

Jim

There's a HI-Fi Sound store in Stockton who sell ATC speakers.

Yes, I'm also curious regarding Skipton, being based in Leeds - according to the ATC dealer list, DNA in Otley are the only supplier in this neck of the woods. Could still be around but a general electrical dealer whose name escapes me has sold stuff in the past - possibly Monitor Audio and so on?

Jim
Hi Jim,
Really sorry but didn't spot the typo the dealer is in Stockton on Tees! https://www.hifisound.co.uk/ I have edited the original post.

Some of the best customer service I’ve ever received has been with ATC. That was 15 years ago- must be built into their cultural DNA. Impressive in this day and age.

I had a similar experience (minus the factory tour!). ATC aren't cheap but it's clear where your money goes—you could even say they're good value. Just wish I could justify the cost of a nice pair of active 50's!

I have the active 50s but the active 40s are half the price and exceptional value for money.
I auditioned passive 40's with a NAP250 (new style) but decided to simply my systems box count at the same time as getting the 50's.

Musicraft does good deals from time to time.

I had my amp packs serviced a few years ago. Very quick in terms of time and light in terms of cost . I just wish there was a plug and play way of getting the tweeters upgraded

I had my amp packs serviced a few years ago. Very quick in terms of time and light in terms of cost . I just wish there was a plug and play way of getting the tweeters upgraded
Well, online images show that the standard ATC amp pack has 15 trim potentiometers and one trim capacitor. These all get adjusted on test at the factory for best performance with the actual drivers in the box. I am not surprised that ATC insists on doing a professional job when upgrading tweeters.

There is an article here (link) that shows an in-the-field upgrade and what happens.

Well, online images show that the standard ATC amp pack has 15 trim potentiometers and one trim capacitor. These all get adjusted on test at the factory for best performance with the actual drivers in the box. I am not surprised that ATC insists on doing a professional job when upgrading tweeters.

There is an article here (link) that shows an in-the-field upgrade and what happens.
Plug and play equally would be them coming to mine to do it . Just like the link. Do you think they would ?

advertisement

Back